This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,

My name is Jason Kramer, I'm establishing an Illumina based (GAIIx and HiSeq 2000) core facility at Arizona State University. Thanks to all who contribute to this site, it has been very helpful as we get off the ground!

Jason

Comment

• Hi everyone,

My name is Pierfrancesco, i'm working as system administrator and develper for the University of Pisa, genetics section of dep. of crop biology. My background is almost about IT and I'm new to bioinformatics. We usually work with CLC Genetics Workbench and bioperl and biopython, I hope to get some help and, maybe in the future, contribute to this community.

Pierfrancesco

Comment

• a brillianr idea for single molecule DNA sequencing

Hi all,
        i have an idea that has occurred to me after an year of exposure to nanopore sequencing, my backgroung in protein design and nano-biotechnology, and lastly attending a workshop on next generation sequencing techniques. Off course i have all the skills to work on this idea and its very feasible. It is based on designing a chromophore sensor site in the DNA polymerase which changes its spectrum upon interaction with different nucleotides passing nearby it during dna replication. i am looking for a research where i can get a postdoc position to work on similar work or a company where i can get involved with this research. My broader research interest is on designing protein/peptides for bio material nano technological applications. reply me on [email protected]

Comment

• Hello SEQanswers community!

I am a third year undergrad from New Jersey, USA. I'm currently working on a Genetic Variations project. I'm still learning the ropes and hope to find guidance from this community.

Cheers,

Bnfoguy

Comment

• New user

Hi, I am interested in complex, water-borne microbial communities and I plan to use Illumina for large projects (metagenomic projects) and am interested in Ion Torrent for smaller projects. I am in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Comment

• Michael Richman Introduction

Hello.

I attended Eric's SEQanswers presentation in SFO Bay Area last week (Thank you Eric!). At the end of the year, I will graduate from Johns Hopkins University Biotechnology Program in Bioinformatics. Right now, I am looking forward to working a bit more with the following software over the summer:

WGAS: Plink, Mendel
              ChIP-Seq: MACS, PeakSeq
              RNA-Seq: TopHat, Cufflinks
              Whole Mapping (reference-based assembly): BWA, Bowtie, MAQ, SAMtools
              Whole Assembly (de novo assembly): Velvet, SOAP, Edena, VCAKE

I hope to use this forum to gain additional perspective and contribute my thoughts...and with this post the journey begins.

-Michael

Comment

• Hello from Norwich, UK

Hi everyone, My name is Jonathan Wright and I`m a Scientific Programmer at The Genome Analysis Centre at the Norwich Research Park in the UK. I have responsibility for crop genomics, currently working with the wheat genome. We have Illumina, 454 and SOLiD sequencing machines and we are using all three technologies to investigate the wheat genome.

Comment

• NGS neewbie

Hello all,

My name is Jorge. I'm relatively new to bioinformatics and just very recently to NGS. I hope to find my way around on NGS with the help of you all guys, and who I may help others in the future... when I get more confident.

cheers
                  Jorge

Comment

• Hi everyone!

My name is Travis and I'm an undergraduate pursuing a Bioinformatics degree at Allegheny College, look forward to chatting with you all!

Comment

• Hi everyone,

working here as a bioinformatician at a private company in Belgium

looking forward to taking part in various discussions

Comment

• Hi All,

I'm an environmental biologist/PhD student working on bacterial ecology and antibiotic pollution in the UK. An opportunity as come up for me to use NextGen Seq to test a few hypothesis that popped up as a result of my experiments, in which I used mostly dna fingerprinting methods to study bacterial communities. Anyways, have been reading through some threads and think this forum is great! Will post my questions sooner than later!

Cheers,

A

Comment

• Hi Mates,

Greetings from Monash, Melbourne. I'm working on bacteria RNA-seq using Illumina Solexa

Comment

• Greetings all,

I'm Dan from Nebraska. I'll be starting a PhD and am looking to keep an eye on new trends in DNA sequencing biotechnology as well as smaller scale offshoots (methods affordable by smaller labs).

Comment

• Hello

Hello everyone! Just a new grad student at Washington University in St. Louis saying hi.

Comment

• fcmChIP

Hi folks,

I am a staff scientist with the FDA, but on the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.Research interest is in antibody locus control regions and isotype switching. My experience is in chromatin and molecular immunology, including ChIP. I would characterize by bioinfo experience as lengthy, but at a relatively low level: MacVector for many years, and also UCSC browser. Also some programming experience. Looking to do more sophisticated mining of ENCODE data, and our center is getting an Illumina-it would be nice to be able to analyze ChIP Seq data at least at the level of peak calling.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses