Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the ME-rev oligo on Tn5 phosphorylated?

Hello all,

Does anyone know why the oligo named ME-rev, annealed to ME-A and ME-B before being loaded on the Tn5, is phosphorylated at the 5' end ([phos]CTGTCTCTTATACACATCT)?

Thanks a lot.

Nextera (modified Tn5 transposase) inserts ME sequences by cut and paste mechanism and leaves a 9 base gap at the 3' end of insertion site. The gap is filled during 3 min incubation at 72C at PCR step. If there is no 5' phosphate there will be a nick and PCR will fail.

Comment

Thanks nucacidhunter.

But the Tm of this short fragment is 45°C. At 72°C it is probably detached from the transferred strand.

Comment

The calculated Tm is correct. Empirically it is difficult to dissociate that oligo. For an application I tried to inhibit gap filing by both heat and a chemical method. PCR yield was decreased by 65% but was not inhibited completely.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello,

One further question about this oligo. Which enzyme is doing the ligation at the phosphorylated base during the gap filling? As far as I know, the DNA polymerase does not have this property of ligation. We use KAPA HiFi mix or NEBNext HiFi mix for the PCR. Do these contain a DNA ligase?

Comment

Any non-hot start polymerase will do the gap filling.

Comment

But I mean, the 3' end of the nucleotide in the gap should be ligated to the phosphorylated 5' end of the oligo, I believe that's the reason why it should be phosphorylated, isn't it?
                Can polymerases ligate?

Comment

Originally posted by Adem80 View Post
                  But I mean, the 3' end of the nucleotide in the gap should be ligated to the phosphorylated 5' end of the oligo, I believe that's the reason why it should be phosphorylated, isn't it?
                  Can polymerases ligate?
                  I am just speculating. AFAIU, the remaining oligos will be kicked off by nick-translation/strand-displacement in addition to the gap filling; I assume there is no ligation happening. (Perhaps the phosphate group is required for the transposase loading instead?)
                  Last edited by luc; 05-06-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

This paper has some info on phosphate's role in transposition with an indirect role: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18790806
                    Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by SNPsaurus View Post
                      This paper has some info on phosphate's role in transposition with an indirect role: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18790806
                      Very good explanation indeed. Thanks for sharing the paper!

Comment

Ez-Tn5

Does anybody know the loading protocol for this enzyme?

Comment

Originally posted by SCIL2019 View Post
                          Does anybody know the loading protocol for this enzyme?
                          Hi,

You can find it in the following publications:

Picelli et al., Tn5 transposase and tagmentation procedures for massively scaled sequencing projects, Genome Research, Vol. 24,
                          2033-2040, 2014.

Clark et al., Genome-wide base-resolution mapping of DNA methylation in single cells using single-cell bisulfite sequencing (scBS-
                          seq), Nature Protocols, Vol. 12, 534-547, 2017.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses