Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libgtextutils installation problem for FASTX toolkit

I am trying to install libgtextutils for running the FASTX toolkit on my Ubuntu, but I am getting the following error after 'sudo make install' command

Making install in m4
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
    test -z "/usr/share/aclocal" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/aclocal"
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    Making install in src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    Making install in gtextutils
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    test -z "/usr/lib" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/lib"
    /bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c 'libgtextutils.la' '/usr/lib/libgtextutils.la'
    libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libgtextutils-0.6.1.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/libgtextutils-0.6.1.so.0.0.0
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/libgtextutils-0.6.1.so.0.0.0': No such file or directory
    make[3]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Can anyone help me in this, since this tool is crucial for running FASTX.

thanks

After a 'make check' I get the following error

jkhurana@jkhurana-ThinkPad-T530:~/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1$ make check
    Making check in m4
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/m4'
    Making check in src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    Making check in gtextutils
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src/gtextutils'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/src'
    Making check in doc
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/doc'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/doc'
    Making check in tests
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/tests'
    make test_container_join test_natural_sort test_input_stream_wrapper test_text_reader test_text_reader_unget test_fd_outbuf test_fd_inbuf test_in_out_buf test_pipe_fitter test_string_tokenize
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/tests'
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../src -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wfloat-equal -Werror -DDEBUG -g -O1 -DDEBUG -g -O1 -MT test_container_join.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/test_container_join.Tpo -c -o test_container_join.o test_container_join.cpp
    mv -f .deps/test_container_join.Tpo .deps/test_container_join.Po
    /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wfloat-equal -Werror -DDEBUG -g -O1 -DDEBUG -g -O1 -o test_container_join test_container_join.o ../src/gtextutils/libgtextutils.la
    libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wfloat-equal -Werror -DDEBUG -g -O1 -DDEBUG -g -O1 -o .libs/test_container_join test_container_join.o ../src/gtextutils/.libs/libgtextutils.so
    g++: error: ../src/gtextutils/.libs/libgtextutils.so: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [test_container_join] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/tests'
    make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jkhurana/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1/tests'
    make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
    jkhurana@jkhurana-ThinkPad-T530:~/Downloads/libgtextutils-0.6.1$

Comment

never mind, I solved it!

Comment

How did you install and run fastx toolkit in linux

Hi,

I am new to NGS data analysis.
        Can you please tell me how you installed and run the fastx toolkit in linux.
        I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nareshvasani View Post
          Hi,

I am new to NGS data analysis.
          Can you please tell me how you installed and run the fastx toolkit in linux.
          I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
          The install instructions are on the download page: http://hannonlab.cshl.edu/fastx_toolkit/download.html

What OS are you using (or are planning to use)?

Comment

I also follow same protocol for installation.
            I am using linux 64.

After typing
            make
            message apperas like: make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

After typing
            sudo make install
            message apperas like: make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

Can you please explain what does this mean.

Thanks

Comment

If you downloaded a pre-compiled binary (e.g. from here http://hannonlab.cshl.edu/fastx_tool..._amd64.tar.bz2) then there is nothing more to do (except unzip the file, of course). The program is ready for use.

If you are new to unix then getting the pre-compiled binaries may be the best option.

Are you using Ubuntu?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I am using Ubuntu and I downloaded same version.
                I was just confused if i install it properly or not.
                Is there any command line by which I can assure if the program is installled correctly or not?

Thanks... GenoMax

Comment

Once you "bunzip2" the file it should make a directory with the name "bin". The fastx toolkit executables will be in that directory. You can change to the bin directory and then try to run of of the files like this:

Code:
                  $ fastx_trimmer -h
                  That should produce some help output for the command.

In that case you are all set.

Comment

Thanks a lot Genomax.
                    With your help I am satisfied that I have install program in correct manner.
                    I appreciate that.

By any chance do you know how to install trinity?

Best,
                    Naresh

Comment

Thanks a lot Genomax.
                      With your help I am satisfied that I have install program in correct manner.
                      I appreciate that.

By any chance do you know how to install trinity?

Best,
                      Naresh
                      Follow the directions on the trinity page (it is a "make" provided you have the dependencies).

There are a couple of threads that may help, if you run into problems:

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

If you get errors post them here.

Comment

Much Appreciated Genomax.

make commond means it helps to update files correct?

Comment

make commond means it helps to update files correct?
                          Make is a utility that automatically builds executable programs and libraries from source code by reading files called makefiles which specify how to derive the target program.
                          From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_%28software%29

Comment

Thanks GenoMax

Comment

libgtextutils-0.6 installation problem

Trying to install libgtextutils-0.6

After make coomand
                              below message pop up

[root@Victor-20 libgtextutils-0.6]# make
                              make all-recursive
                              make[1]: Entering directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6'
                              Making all in m4
                              make[2]: Entering directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/m4'
                              make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
                              make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/m4'
                              Making all in src
                              make[2]: Entering directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/src'
                              Making all in gtextutils
                              make[3]: Entering directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/src/gtextutils'
                              /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wfloat-equal -Werror -DDEBUG -g -O1 -MT pipe_fitter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pipe_fitter.Tpo -c -o pipe_fitter.lo pipe_fitter.c
                              libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wfloat-equal -Werror -DDEBUG -g -O1 -MT pipe_fitter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pipe_fitter.Tpo -c pipe_fitter.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/pipe_fitter.o
                              pipe_fitter.c: In function ‘pipe_close’:
                              pipe_fitter.c:30:6: error: variable ‘i’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
                              cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
                              make[3]: *** [pipe_fitter.lo] Error 1
                              make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/src/gtextutils'
                              make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                              make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6/src'
                              make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                              make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/libgtextutils-0.6'
                              make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you please help me out to solve this issue

Thanks,
                              Naresh

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses