Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooling TruSeq (single index) and Nextera XT (dual index) in one MiSeq run?

Hi everyone,

It is my first time posting on this forum. I was wondering if someone has mixed libraries prepared using Nextera XT and TruSeq LT in a single pair-end MiSeq run. Although Illumina's official answer is that they do not recommend it, tech support says that other people are doing it successfully.

This is my first time doing it and I have a couple of questions:

- I have been looking at the Nextera tagmetation reads/adapters and comparing them to the Illumina TruSeq reads. Do both sets of primers come in the reagent cartridge? I don't see how they can be sequenced with the same primers.... am I missing something?

According to Illumina the sequence of the adapters is

Nextera Transposase Adapters

Read 1
    5’ TCGTCGGCAGCGTCAGATGTGTATAAGAGACAG
    Read 2
    5’ GTCTCGTGGGCTCGGAGATGTGTATAAGAGACAG

Nextera Index Kit – PCR Primers
    Index 1 Read
    5’ CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGAT[i7]GTCTCGTGGGCTCGG
    Index 2 Read
    5’ AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACAC[i5]TCGTCGGCAGCGTC

The TruSeq adapter/spacer sequences are

Universal Adapter
    5’ AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT

TruSeq Adapter, Index 1
    5’ GATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCACATCACGATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG

- From the setup, I understand that the Nextera i7 barcodes are sequenced at the same time than the Truseq 6-base barcodes. Are there any incompatibility issues with the i7 indexes and the Truseq indexes that will prevent me from demultiplexing correctly when I get my sequences back? How many base pairs have to be different in order for us to differentiate the reads from one another?

- The libraries prepared with Nextera have a wider range of fragments (a wider area under the curve as per bioanalyzer) as well as a smaller average insert size than the libraries prepared with the TruSeq kit. I understand that there is a bias towards smaller fragments binding to the flow cell that will be reflected on the coverage per library. Is there a way to correct for that before pooling?

Thanks you all so much for your help!

Carolina

We do this and it works fine.

Details available in this thread.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses