View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #10
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoy View Post
http://www.nanoporetech.com/technology/publications

There is NOTHING there newer than 2010, which is ancient in that field, and all technology papers are generic reviews circa 2007-2008. Exactly which papers on ONT's website explain how they deal with 256 levels in a 20-30 pA range? Or how they form and maintain the lipid bilayer in a massively parallel fashion? And how they plan on scaling it up? And how they keep the nanopore busy to achieve that spectacular AVERAGE read rate they claim? And how exactly does one deal with temperature and vibration when using a USB stick? And whatever happened to the minion (aka the most unfortunately chosen commercial name of all time)? It seems that they let it eat whatever it wants and it got fat :-)

I guess ONT's absence from AGBT 2013 answers a lot of these questions.
*shrug* what are you asking me for? (I'm not affiliated with them in any way) The papers there did answer many of the OP's questions though. As for your questions, yes, sadly it looks like ON don't have any answers for them.

Shame, it would have been really nice to get sequence data consisting of Mb long reads. They might still surprise us, but it doesn't look like it.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote