Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in analyzing RNA Seq data

I have final gene expression data (RNA Sequencing), four treatments in duplicate. I want to analyze this data for cumulative frequency distribution and heatmaps. How should I proceed? This is first time I am dealing with such a data.

Hi scifiction,
    If you are comfortable in R, you can use DESeq2 package and perform differential expression analysis. In that case, this link might help you: https://bioconductor.org/packages/re...doc/DESeq2.pdf

There is another web-server designed for small RNA data analysis. But I guess you can run differential gene expression analysis for your count data under "DE Analysis" tab. Here is the link: https://oasis.dzne.de/small_rna_de.php
    It will give you heatmap and other diagnostic plots.
    Persistent LABS

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

assembly vs mapping

Hi guys,
        I'm new here! I'm a PhD student engaged in a transcriptomic project. I have one control sample and four different stressed, all sequenced using HiSeq2000, without replicates. At a first moment, my tutor submitted the analysis to a ver big and famous company, requesting de novo assembly and differential expression analysis. The assembly was not good for me, because there was a low number of assembled transcripts (686, while actually there are 1936 annotated genes) and a very low number of DE genes was found. So, I tried to perform again the analysis using Trinity, as the company done, and I couldn't assemble the transcriptome: I found more than 15.000 trasncripts and many were too short. Furthermore, when I performed a blast against all NCBI database, I found many and many contaminants (i.e. human sequences). So, I tried with other programs (i.e. TransAByss, Velvet-Oases and Rockhopper) but they didn't work correctly. So I leave my tutor's idea of de novo assembly, because the genome of this bacterial strain became available in NCBI and its annotation too. I mapped the reads with STAR using its own genome; I was surprised because the percentages of mapped reads were low. I performed counting with FeatureCounts and did differential analysis with NOISeq (due to the absence of replicates in the experimental design). At a first moment, I used all mapped reads, but I was in a saturation condition, so I found the right compromise using only 10 million of mapped reads from each bam file. About one million resulted unassigned (NoFeatures).
        Finally, I found many DE genes, but I'm frustrated because my results are the opposite of company's results. I did inspect them by an experienced researcher and he told me that I performed the analysis properly.
        What should I think?What should I do? I quarrel with my tutor every day and I'm about to leave the PhD course because the situation is unbearable. Please help me

Comment

If your replicates are not so good, you can use edgeR that is more robust.

I ask another type of help: I performed RNA-seq analysis of bacterial transcriptome in four different stressed conditions, mapping the reads on its own genome available in NCBI. Then I used FeatureCounts for reads counting and finally I performed differential analysis with NOISeq R package, because of the absence of replicates.
          Before that, my tutor submitted the analysis to a famous company requiring a de novo assembly (they used the trinity pipeline for assembly and differential analysis).
          I used the same fastq files, and finally I found a larger number of DE genes, but my results are the opposite of company's results. How is it possible? I know that mapping is better than assembly when a reference genome is available and above all I know that the trinity pipeline have some problems for differential analysis, because it uses DESeq or edgeR after quantification by RSEM.
          What do you think about?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses