Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note for anyone using my instructions above, they've been fine for me up to and including MIRA 3.2.0.

As of MIRA 3.2.1 you'll also need the BOOST regex library - I was getting this error from the MIRA configure script:
    Code:
    checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
    configure: error: Could not link against boost_thread !
    So, install BOOST again (I tried with BOOST 1.42.0 initially since I already had that, then again with the latest release, BOOST 1.45.0) but with regex this time:
    Code:
    cd boost_1_45_0
    ./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=thread,regex
    ./bjam
    ./bjam install --prefix=$HOME
    I ignored this warning:
    Code:
    warning: Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
    note: Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
    note: this is a strictly optional feature.
    Then:
    Code:
    cd mira-3.2.1
    ./configure --with-boost=$HOME
    make
    make check
    I realised afterwards that alternatively you can try calling MIRA's configure script with --with-boost-regex=no

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
      Just a note for anyone using my instructions above, they've been fine for me up to and including MIRA 3.2.0.
      Starting with the next stable version of MIRA, OSX binaries provided should run on any OSX >=10.5. Furthermore, compiling the sources yourself should be way more easy on OSX (almost as easy as on Linux).

The current development version (3.2.1.x) already have these changes included for anyone who is interested to test-drive that.

B.

Comment

For the record, the recipe in Post 31 still works fine using Mac OS X Lion, Xcode 4.1 downloaded free via the App Store, Boost 1.47, and MIRA 3.4.0, which is nice.

Comment

Mira folder location

Dear Maubp, should the Mira folder be in my home directory (and should I move it there before compiling?) I'm still confused as to where things should go in unix on a mac. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Humphseq View Post
            Dear Maubp, should the Mira folder be in my home directory (and should I move it there before compiling?) I'm still confused as to where things should go in unix on a mac. Thanks!
            Basically it is up to you.

You don't have to move it - I usually run MIRA from my working directory with the full path to the MIRA binary - but then I often have several versions of MIRA on my machine and this lets me be explicit about which I'm using.

Or you can leave it where it is, but put that folder on the PATH.

Or, you can install it under your home directory at $HOME/bin and make sure that is on your PATH.

Or, if you have admin rights, you can install it at system level.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses