Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
    Is the bcftools executable in the directory you are currently in? Have you tried to "locate" it and provide the full path for it like you did for vcfutils.pl?

Is your my.var.bcf file in the current directory?

In future, start a new thread when you have a new question.
    1. bcftools is executable in my current directory.

kurban@kurban-X550VC:~/Desktop/SNPs/CD$ bcftools

Program: bcftools (Tools for data in the VCF/BCF formats)
    Version: 0.1.17-dev (r973:277)

Usage: bcftools <command> <arguments>

Command: view print, extract, convert and call SNPs from BCF
    index index BCF
    cat concatenate BCFs
    ld compute all-pair r^2
    ldpair compute r^2 between requested pairs

2.i have tried to provide full path of bcftools:
    kurban@kurban-X550VC:~/Desktop/SNPs/CD$ /usr/bin/bcftools view my.var.bcf | /usr/share/samtools/vcfutils.pl varFilter - > my.var-final.vcf
    it says:
    open: No such file or directory
    and file my.var.bcf is in my current diractory.

but it is still not working.

Comment

Are you sure bcftools in in your current directory (~/Desktop/SNPs/CD from what I can see above)? You seem to be running the copy that is in /usr/bin (in the set of commands in #2).

Have you verified that my.var.bcf file is non-zero bytes (i.e. there is something in it)?

Can you use [ CODE] (remove the leading space before CODE) put your commands here [/CODE] to make the commands you are pasting clear (enclose them in CODE tags on both sides like I have shown). Otherwise it is difficult to decipher if there are spaces in wrong spot in your command line.
      Last edited by GenoMax; 08-08-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

kurban910, I just ran
        Code:
        bcftools view jim.bcf
        and I don't have any file called jim.bcf. It gave me this:
        Code:
        This makes me think that you have the wrong name. Be careful with 1's and l's, -'s and _'s, etc -- it's easy to get these confused. Heck, I even get .'s and _'s confused sometimes. In the directory that the bcf file is located, can you execute:
        Code:
        ls $PWD/*.bcf
        and copy the bcf file's name exactly as it appears, including the full path, and then try running your command again?

Comment

Originally posted by blakeoft View Post
          kurban910, are you sure that you have the right name for the bcf file? It looks to me like the command is correct.
          yes, i am sure the file name is right

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            Are you sure bcftools in in your current directory (~/Desktop/SNPs/CD from what I can see above)? You seem to be running the copy that is in /usr/bin (in the set of commands in #2).

Have you verified that my.var.bcf file is non-zero bytes (i.e. there is something in it)?

Can you use [ CODE] (remove the leading space before CODE) put your commands here [/CODE] to make the commands you are pasting clear (enclose them in CODE tags on both sides like I have shown). Otherwise it is difficult to decipher if there are spaces in wrong spot in your command line.
            u r right ,thanks. i will put the commends in the code box next time. and yes, my.var.bcf file is around 7.6 BM.

and for your first question, bcftools is not in the current directory i am in, but its executable from here.

Comment

Originally posted by blakeoft View Post
              kurban910, I just ran
              Code:
              bcftools view jim.bcf
              and I don't have any file called jim.bcf. It gave me this:
              Code:
              This makes me think that you have the wrong name. Be careful with 1's and l's, -'s and _'s, etc -- it's easy to get these confused. Heck, I even get .'s and _'s confused sometimes. In the directory that the bcf file is located, can you execute:
              Code:
              ls $PWD/*.bcf
              and copy the bcf file's name exactly as it appears, including the full path, and then try running your command again?
              thank you for your time guys , now i find out not just this one, other commends also r not exacted in my terminal , ubuntu 12.04 some times isn’t stable . after i reinstall the system i will try again.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
                If you did want to convert the FASTQ to an unaligned SAM or BAM file, try this:
                http://picard.sourceforge.net/comman...tml#FastqToSam
                I need to do this locally, and since we didn't have Picard installed but do have Biopython (yes, I'm biased ), I wrote a simple Python script to convert paired FASTQ files into unmapped SAM reads (which you can pipe into samtools to get as a BAM file):

I would expect this to be slower than a dedicated tool, so probably not suitable for a high throughput pipeline - but it should be fine for a one-off analysis.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                • seqadmin
                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                0 responses