Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -r argument from Bfast postprocess

I'm not sure of the use of the -r argument in the Bfast postprocess command. Can somebody who used it give an example of the required input file? I'm getting parse errors in all my attempts...

Thank you very much!
    David

The line in the file should match exactly to what you would expect in the output of a SAM file. So that includes the tab separated fields, etc. Please post the contents of your input file.

Comment

I've created a text file containing the following entry:

Code:
      @RG   readgroups_name
      and also:

Code:
      @RG   RG:readgroups_name
      (both tab-separated)

and I get the following error:

Code:
      In function "ParseReadGroup": Fatal Error[OutOfRange]. Variable/Value: readGroupString.
       ***** Exiting due to errors *****

Comment

Look at the SAM spec. What tags are required for the RG field (Hint: there is no RG tag in the RG header section)?

Try:
        Code:
        @RG<tab>ID:MYID

Comment

ops, once again I did it wrong. It worked when I used a correct tag for the @RG entry.

Tahnks a lot!

Comment

Hi Nils

I experienced the same difficulty than David and saw this thread

I tried with my sample that has for instance the ID solid_0735

then have created a RGfilename file with @RG ID:solid0735_hg19.1 and worked, good!

but now i wonder if it is possible to add more info about library, sample and platform?

the manual says that you can do it with the LB but what about SM and PL

according to the sintaxis indicated above i created a new file with the following flag

@RG ID:solid0735_hg19.1 LB:solid0735_master SM:human_muscle1 PL:solid

(it is just an example)

but it did not work (the shell says that cannot parse the file)

then i tried the following

@RG ID:solid0735_hg19.1\LB:solid0735_master\SM:human_muscle1\PL:solid

and didnt work either, perhaps (by sure) i am doing something wrong

thanks

Carlos

Comment

It should work, but the only way to know is to try.

Comment

That is a very poor answer Nils.
                As I said, I already tried and did not work.
                Of course if I try again and again and again I will find the answer but I would really appreciate i you give some key to follow, maybe the tags abreviations are not appropiate I do not known. Anyway thank you for answering.

Comment

Originally posted by cllorens View Post
                  That is a very poor answer Nils.
                  As I said, I already tried and did not work.
                  Of course if I try again and again and again I will find the answer but I would really appreciate i you give some key to follow, maybe the tags abreviations are not appropiate I do not known. Anyway thank you for answering.
                  Please try inputting it exactly as you would in a normal SAM file. The string will be written exactly as it is given. So you should include the tab characters as well. Here's what the manual says:

Code:
                  -r STRING, --readGroupFileName=STRING
                  Specifies to add the read group (@RG) line to add to the header, which is given in the specified file. Additionally, the appropriate read group (RG) tag (and LB tag if present) will be added to each read. Make sure that the line is exactly the same as what would be printed to the SAM file, which includes the “@RG” string

Comment

it only works when i only use the ID tag as you note above Nils
                    but i am unable to make it work if I add some other tags such as LB, SM and PL
                    I do not know i tried with tabs with bars with inverter bars etc and with different
                    combinations of these three with the ID tag and in those cases always find a error
                    message sayind than cannot parse the RGfilename fle ID.

This one

In function "ParseReadGroup": Fatal Error[OutOfRange]. Variable/Value: readGroupString.
                    ***** Exiting due to errors ***

I will try again with other combinations.

It might be that any of these additional tags should be in the .baf or in the previous fastq, or .bmf files in order to work later in the sam creation step?

In principle, there is not a big problem as I can live only appending the ID tag but it would be good to known how to add the remainder. I will make more attempts anyway.

Thanks
                    Carlos

Comment

Ok solved at the first subsequent attempt Nils,
                      it was in front my eyes and as it easier it was i did not see it.
                      i was putting spaces between the tags instead of tabs.
                      using this sintax "@RG<tab>ID:my_ID<tab>LB:my_LB<tab>SM:my_SM<tab>PL:my_PL" works.
                      Well, today i will be a little bit happier.
                      Carlos

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses