• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to export PATH but still not worrking

Hi

I tried exporting the PATH But it is still not working ..PIctures attched
    Attached Files

Comment

If trf is the file the program is trying to execute then $PATH directory declaration needs to end at the level of the directory which contains the trf file (e.g. /path_to/repeatscout/RepeatScout-1). Open a new terminal, re-export PATH and try again.
      Last edited by GenoMax; 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

ok , one more question should this be permanent ? because every time I close terminal it goes back to previous PATH..

I am new to this all ,perl,linux and repeatscout ; may be these are very easy questions

Comment

Hello

I tried to do what you said ,is this the way ? It still is not reading the trf file
          Attached Files

Comment

Two questions.

1. Have you compiled the software by doing "make" in this directory?
            2. I see the following help when I try to run RepeatScout. Are you trying to follow directions given by someone/some website?

EDIT: I see that you are on step three of this process. You are trying to process the output of RepeatScount like this?

$ cat repeats.fa | filter-stage-1.prl > repeats-filtered.prl
            Last edited by GenoMax; 10-02-2015, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Looking at the help further these are the steps involved. What steps have you completed?

First, build_lmer_table
              creates a file that tabulates the frequency of all l-mers in the
              sequence to be analyzed. Second, RepeatScout takes this table and
              the sequence and produces a fasta file that contains all the repetitive
              elements that it could find. Third, the "filter-stage-1.prl" script
              is run on the output of RepeatScout to remove low-complexity and
              tandem elements; RepeatMasker is run on the sequence of interest using
              this filtered RepeatScout library. The program "filter-stage-2.prl"
              then filters out any repeat element that does not appear a certain number
              of times (by default, 10). Finally, the locations of the repeats found
              by RepeatMasker are used, in conjuction with GFF files that describe
              segmental duplications or exons or other such "uninteresting" regions
              to remove sequences from the library that are likely to not be mobile
              elements; the program "compare-out-to-gff.prl" does exactly this.

Comment

Hi, yes I did compile it by make ..
                I am trying to learn while doing this so I am using commands from the following link :
                http://http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5448
                Yes, I am trying to fliter low complexity reads on stage 1.so this is my command:
                cat kib_repeats.fa| ./filter-stage-1.prl >kib_repeats_filtered1.fasta

Comment

Have you completed the first 2 steps? Did those run without errors? Can you post the commands you used for those steps? This post has a nice recap of the commands: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=10

Comment

Hello

yes ,first two ran without error :
                    these are my commands for first two [./build_lmer_table -l 14 -sequence kib.fa -freq ~/Desktop/Kib15.freq
                    ]
                    [/Storage_1/repeatscout/RepeatScout-1$ ./RepeatScout -sequence kib.fa -output kib_repeats.fa -freq Kib15.freq -l 14]
                    I did looked for the commands you have shown ,but I cannot solve this trf problem .

Comment

Hi

I could run it this time but the fasta file is empty ..

Comment

You are going to have to install the TRF program from here: http://tandem.bu.edu/trf/trf.download.html Once that is done make sure the trf program is in your path or export TRF_COMMAND='/path_to/trf' is set.

You will need nseg as well. I think it is here: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/seg/
                        Last edited by GenoMax; 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I did downloaded the trf from here , and also have nseg there..

as i think trf is in path right now but empty file again and ahain

Comment

No other error messages? I tried a small file and step 3 worked for me. Did you rename (or softlink) the executable from trf407b.linux64 to just trf?

Comment

yes ,no other error message and yes I did change the name to trf.

Comment

did u had nseg in your path too ? I just have it installed the same directory as trf , is that a difference ? should I try to export nseg path too ?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses