No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumina Pair end library protocol

Hi,

I am looking for a protocol for pair-end library preparation. Has anybody tried making the library without using the illumina kit. Also, does anybody have information about the ligation ratio for adapters.
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

NEB sells a paired end kit that is ~10X cheaper than Illuimina. It doesn't come with primers but the primer sequences are listed in the sticky and at:

genomics.med.tufts.edu/documents/htseq_protocol_for_illumina_paired.pdf

Comment

Thanks NextGenSeq. I will check that out.

Comment

Adapter to library ratio is around 10:1

Comment

The Tufts protocol is nicely detailed but one word of caution: The lack of purification following the end-repair step means that there are free dNTPs in the subsequent Add-A reaction. Although the additional dATP added during Add-A is almost 100-fold excess compared to G, T, and C, there is an assumption being made that the Add-A step will be highly biased towards only using the abundant A. Probably a reasonable assumption but use at your own risk.
          HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
          http://www.hudsonalpha.org/gsl

Comment

We are currently using the NEB master mix kit for the illumina sample prep kit, I've prepared quite a lot of libraries with the kit and satisfied with the quality and ease of usage because it saves a lot of pipetting (hence, possible errors) compared to the normal kit. As NextGenSeq pointed out, it is almost 10X less expensive compared to the Illumina kit.

Comment

Thanks everybody. So, I finally decided to go ahead and order adapter and primer sequences listed in tuft's protocol. Did anybody try to use these sequences from tuft's protocol. They have locked nucleotide sequence and not the phosphothioated bond.

Comment

I was recently forwarded a link about Bioo Scientific.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/78473/

It looks like their kits are even cheaper than NEB's. Does anyone know anything about these kits? We are just getting started with a GAIIx and if this is going to be a better/cheaper option than NEB we are going to make a switch. Thanks!

Comment

I talked to Kip @ Tufts sequencing core who is extremely helpful (thanks Kip) (http://genomics.med.tufts.edu/home/sampleprep), regarding their adapters. They now switched to phosphorothioate bond modification at the last T on OLJ131.

Comment

We use these kits in all our DNA library preparations. Very happy with them.

Originally posted by BTS View Post
                    I was recently forwarded a link about Bioo Scientific.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/78473/

It looks like their kits are even cheaper than NEB's. Does anyone know anything about these kits? We are just getting started with a GAIIx and if this is going to be a better/cheaper option than NEB we are going to make a switch. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the info advanT!

Comment

Does anyone know if I can use Gelstar Nucleic acid stain (syber green) to stain my gel for the size selection step. Also, is E-gel better than running a homemade 2% agarose gel?

Comment

We've used syber green instead of EtBr and it's fine. Also, we routinely run 2.5% agarose gels for size selection and they are also fine.

Comment

I just finished comparing the NEBNext Reagent set 1 and Illumina’s paired end sample prep kit using different amounts of ChIP input DNA (1-10 ng). I used 2 different dilutions of Illumina’s PE adapter oligos (1/10-50nM final and 1/30-16.7nM final) for 10ng. I made dilutions proportional to different amounts of starting DNA amounts. In my hands NEB worked way better. I got clean single peaks with no contaminating primer dimer or higher molecular weight humps. Using 1/30 dilution of the adapters gave the cleanest peaks. Even with 1ng I have about 35ul of 21.5 nM DNA. Illumina PE prep kit had a little bit of a hump @ 150-200 range. I’m doing the qPCR quantification using the Kappa kit. I have no idea how to insert the images of Bioanalyzer traces.

Comment

Just finished estimating my library prep using the KAPPA qPCR kit. I'm actually estimating more of the library than by Qubit measurement. Using 1 ng of ChIP input DNA I'm getting 37nM by Qubit and 53nM by qPCR. For 5 ng starting amounts, 45nm by Qubit and 65nM by qPCR. I'm starting my real experiment with 32 ChIP samples.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses