No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ndaniel View Post
    Hi Cole,

does Cufflinks take as input the 'raw' SAM file produced by Bowtie (>version 0.11.1)?

Daniel
    From Tophat manual:
    The SAM file supplied to Cufflinks must be sorted by reference position. If you aligned your reads with TopHat, your alignments will be properly sorted already. If you used another tool, you may want to make sure they are properly sorted as follows:

sort -k 3,3 -k 4,4n hits.sam > hits.sam.sorted

And you may also have to filter the reads not mapped to the reference genome, marked by "*" in the field of RNAME.
    Xi Wang

Comment

Some problems with cufflinks

Hi guys,

I have now tried it several times but I cant seem to get cufflinks running with my new 3x paired end lanes, I always get a 'bus error'

since I always get the error at slightly different positions
      Processing bundle [ 3:9131617-9139931 ] with 8255 non-redundant alignments
      zsh: bus error cufflinks -m 85 -I 50000 -p 4 -L VPG

Processing bundle [ 3:9411509-9430092 ] with 11575 non-redundant alignments
      Bus error

I suspect a multithreading error. Has anyone encountered a similar problem or even better knows how to deal with this problem?

Furthermore I frequently receive strange warnings:
      Warning: restimation failed, importance samples have zero weight
      Warning: ITERMAX reached in abundance estimation, estimation hasn't fully converged
      Warning: Fisher matrix is not positive definite (bad element: -2.99551e-08)

Does anyone know if they are critical or what do they mean?

To provide some additional information for the bus error. I have already successfully run cufflinks on single lane paired end data. but when I merge 3 lanes of paired end data the 'bus error' occurs. I mapped the reads with TopHat and merging was done with the following command
      cat s1/sample1.sam s2/sample2.sam s3/sample3.sam| sort -k 3,3 -k 4,4n >all/all.sam

I would greatly appreciate any comments and or help on this issues!

all the best ro

Comment

boost 1.42.0 and cufflinks 0.8.1 compatability?

When cufflinks version 0.8.1 was released on Feb. 13, 2010, had it been tested using the boost Version 1.42.0, which was released on Feb. 2, 2010? I am having trouble getting cufflinks to compile because of some problem in finding all that it needs in boost, and the file structure of boost had changed a bit with the new version. So far using CFLAGS and the appropriate path to the boost/property_map includes is not helping and I may just try an earlier version of boost. Has anybody had this problem?

Thanks
        Bill

Comment

cufflinks mem consumption problem

Hi Cole,

Is there any memory controlling methods in the newly released version 0.8.2?
          I've got a big memory problem when processing an RNA-Seq mapping result, which contains a really huge bundle with more than 2,000,000 reads. Even a server with 32GB mem could not finish this.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

Bob

Comment

gene ID and transcript ID

I have completed the cufflinks, cuffcompare and cuffdiff runs and have the results. However, how do I go from the cufflinks IDs to the reference gene symbol? I did not give the gff file as input when I ran. Is there any way other than re-running everything with gff file?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by hrajasim View Post
              I have completed the cufflinks, cuffcompare and cuffdiff runs and have the results. However, how do I go from the cufflinks IDs to the reference gene symbol? I did not give the gff file as input when I ran. Is there any way other than re-running everything with gff file?

Thanks,
              I think you'd better rerun Cuffcompare with the "-r" option, and then run cuffdiff again. Maybe this is the easiest way.
              Xi Wang

Comment

discovery of novel transcript

Hi, there,

I'm tring to find the novel transcript using the following way.

1. /tophat-1.2.0.Linux_x86_64/tophat -r 150 Human_bowtie_index reads.000.1.fastq reads.000.2.fastq --GTF Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.60.gtf

2. /tophat-1.2.0.Linux_x86_64/tophat -r 150 -o nonovel Human_bowtie_index reads.000.1.fastq reads.000.2.fastq --GTF Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.60.gtf --no-novel-juncs

Then I'm going to compare two junction.bed files to see the difference.
                Is it correct? How do you think?

Thanks a lot,

Lahoman

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses