Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone has solved the error: conflicting types for 'exp' or the equivalent for 'log', I'd be incredibly grateful.

Comment

Is the conflicting types a warning or an error ?
      Can you display the full message?

If it's just a warning, don't worry about it.

Comment

phil@phil:~/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18$ make
        make[1]: Entering directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
        make[2]: Entering directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bgzf.c -o bgzf.o
        bgzf.c: In function ‘bgzf_close’:
        bgzf.c:630:8: warning: variable ‘count’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. kstring.c -o kstring.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_aux.c -o bam_aux.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam.c -o bam.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_import.c -o bam_import.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. sam.c -o sam.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_index.c -o bam_index.o
        bam_index.c: In function ‘bam_index_load_core’:
        bam_index.c:330:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:337:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:350:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:353:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:357:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:361:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:371:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        bam_index.c:375:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_pileup.c -o bam_pileup.o
        bam_pileup.c: In function ‘resolve_cigar2’:
        bam_pileup.c:75:9: warning: variable ‘is_head’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_lpileup.c -o bam_lpileup.o
        gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_md.c -o bam_md.o
        In file included from /usr/include/math.h:146:0,
        from bam_md.c:5:
        /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/mathcalls.h:101:1: error: conflicting types for ‘exp’
        /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/mathcalls.h:110:1: error: conflicting types for ‘log’
        make[2]: *** [bam_md.o] Error 1
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
        make[1]: *** [lib-recur] Error 1
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
        make: *** [all-recur] Error 1

Comment

I don't quite know what's important, so there's all of it.

Comment

Figured it out! I put in, from somewhere I found online, the -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log line in DFLAGS. Got rid of that and it worked! Thanks!

Comment

I was having the same problem running make in Ubuntu 12.04 lts, with errors resulting from problems with both zlib and curses. Ultimately the solution was to do this:

sudo apt-get update
              sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev
              sudo make clean
              sudo make

Comment

Thanks, NRP! I'll pass that onto anyone having a similar problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Finney View Post
                  CFLAGS should be on the second line of the make file (Makefile)...

Makefile should be modified like this ...
                  CFLAGS= -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses

On an Ubuntu box if you install the libncurses5 and libncurses5-dev the -I parameter is useless…
                  SysAdmin & ICT consultant
                  http://about.me/nicola.losito

Comment

there are installation instructions in the file "INSTALL":
                    The text-based viewer (tview) requires the GNU ncurses library
                    <http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/>, which comes with Mac OS X and most of
                    the modern Linux/Unix distributions. If you do not have this library installed,
                    you can still compile the rest of SAMtools by manually changing:
                    `-D_CURSES_LIB=1' to `-D_CURSES_LIB=0' at the line starting with `DFLAGS=', and
                    comment out the line starting with `LIBCURSES='.

Worked for me (Ubuntu 12.04)

Comment

When it comes to running packages like samtools, bedtools or any other kind of bioinformatics solution on a Windows box, you're better off getting VMWare and installing Ubuntu. Trying to compile things from source with Cygwin is asking for trouble.
                      Last edited by wolfpack14; 01-30-2014, 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                      • seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses