Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SequenceVariantAnalyzer: analyzing genetic variants from next-gen sequencing

Friends,

If you are working on next-generation sequencing studies, particularly if you are interested in annotating, visualizing SNPs, INDELs, CNVs, and identifying genetic variants responsible for biological traits or diseases, please check out our software tool SequenceVariantAnalyzer (SVA):

SVA is designed for two specific aims:
    1. To annotate the biological functions of the identified genetic variants, organize and visualize them;
    2. To help find the genetic variants that are associated with or responsible for the biological traits or medical outcomes of interest.

The SVA release package comes with an example project extracted from 10 genomes - 5 cases and 5 controls. To reduce the size of the release package, I release only the data on chromosome X. The web page below shows that you can play with SVA and an example project to "identify (again )" the Factor VIII (F8) gene for type A hemophilia:

SVA is also featured with an integrated genome browser to help an investigator to explore the user-generated data and data from public domains. Here is a screenshot:

Particularly, SVA genome browser allows you to conveniently 'introduce' key variants that you identified to compare and see the difference they could make.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Lastly, I hope you may find this tool helpful for your next-generation discovery!

Best regards,

Dongliang Ge,
    Duke University, USA
    http://people.genome.duke.edu/~dg48/

Last edited by Dongliang Ge; 03-04-2010, 02:26 PM.

SVA is just released!

Check it out at: http://www.svaproject.org/
    Last edited by Dongliang Ge; 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Its wiki page:

Comment

Thanks! Looks interesting! I will have a try with it.

Comment

SVA comes with two editions:
          1. Standard edition : ~2.2 Gb. This edition has full annotation functions.
          2. Lite Evaluation edition: ~ 250Mb. This edition does not have annotation function, but can be used to load an example project for evaluation purposes.

Both editions are free for use.

Comment

Thanks! I will try with it for my dataset.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the good package, Dongliang. I'll try it in my data.

Comment

SVA now comes on a DVD.

Comment

The website of SVA is now up:

Comment

Hey dongliang nice seeing you here...

Comment

Friends,

A lite evaluation edition is released for Windows. Play with it on your laptop!

I would also take this chance to thank all the users and their comments!

Here I have a screenshot on a Dell E6400 laptop with 32-bit Windows XP:

Larger version:

Last edited by Dongliang Ge; 03-08-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Causal variants for metachondromatosis are identified.

Whole-Genome Sequencing of a Single Proband Together with Linkage Analysis Identifies a Mendelian Disease Gene

Sobreira NLM, Cirulli ET, Avramopoulos D, Wohler E, Oswald GL, et al. (2010) PLoS Genet 6(6): e1000991. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000991

Comment

Dear Dongliang
                          Trying, still not working. My input files (SNV and INDEL) look ok, as described in the manual, get an error - please see attachments (also gsap file as a txt)
                          Second problem is that after updating to version 1.02 the programm is asking for CNV tagging data file, Venter's SNP and INDEL files wich are missing in the package.. Where do I get it from?
                          kind regards
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Berlinq; 04-05-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Berlinq,

Thanks for the message.

In your .gsap script file, please change the indel file name extension to .samtoolsindels. That is,

[INDELINPUT]=cacoind,/project/erasys1/ngs/sva/svacaco/caindel.samtoolsindels

In addition, there is a new SVA version version 1.1 available now. In the new version, the newer vcf format, instead of the older samtools pileup format (the .samtools and .samtoolsindels files), are supported.

Best,
                            Dongliang

Originally posted by Berlinq View Post
                            Dear Dongliang
                            Trying, still not working. My input files (SNV and INDEL) look ok, as described in the manual, get an error - please see attachments (also gsap file as a txt)
                            Second problem is that after updating to version 1.02 the programm is asking for CNV tagging data file, Venter's SNP and INDEL files wich are missing in the package.. Where do I get it from?
                            kind regards

Comment

Dongling,
                              Will SVA provide quantitative estimation of reads in mutated regoin? IS it mainly for SNPs or it can also detect rearrangement please?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses