No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4 kinase in end repair protocol

Hi!
    I'm new in this, so forgive me if my question is stupid. Why do I need to add T4 PNK to the mixture of Klenow and T4 polymerase when repairing the ends of enzyme fragmented library. I'm trying to put together a protocol for Illumina sequencing but at the moment we are not using NEB next or Illumina or any kind of kit prepared for end repairing. There are only separately bought enzymes on the menu. If I remember correctly, I have seen protocols with and without T4 PNK. When do I need to use this enzyme and when is it not necessary to put thisone in? Can anyone also provide me the units per end repair reaction for T4 pol and Klenow?

Many thanks!

If I remember correctly, T4 PNK will add a phosphate to a hydroxyl 5' end and/or remove a phosphate from the 3' end of a DNA or RNA strand. This is the desired phosphate configuration for most ligases.

What is the end produced by the enzyme being used to fragment the library? Typically a restriction enzyme will give 5'-phosphate/3'-hydroxyl that is needed. But the overhangs may or may not be compatible.

You can get the number of units necessary per mole of your fragment ends from the web site of the manufacturer you order the enzyme from.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Thank you for your answer. The enzyme is DNAseI and following end repair comes as usual A-tailing with Klenow exo-. So...I'd better use those three enzymes just to be sure my reactions work?

Comment

Yes t4 polymerase will make the ends blunt and T4 PNK will make sure that 5' ends are phosphorylated and 3' ends have the hydroxyl group. I dont think of a reson of not using this esp if your DNA fragments are generated using sonication

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses