Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSQ converter

I have a PE run, 6 lane, 12 barcoded samples.
    ICS SOLiD software generated 6 XSQ file ( one per lane).

Now I will use XSQ_Tools to split each XSQ file in 12 indexed XSQ.

I will end up with 72 XSQ indexed files (6 lanes x 12 samples).

Is there a way to combine the 6 XSQ files prior to split them in order to generate at the end only 12 XSQ indexed files?

May I use merge Linux command to combine the 6 XSQ files or I may lose information?

Thanks,
    Paolo
    Last edited by paolo.kunder; 12-29-2011, 06:22 AM.

Xsq

No, you cannot combine them using linux commands. The files are binary.
    You may want to use LifeScope or HDF (format) APIs.

Comment

We have been doing alignments of all and recombining - merging - the SAM files with Picards MergeSamFiles.

This is admittedly not a great solution !

Let us know if you have any better ideas.

Comment

Finally I converted my indexed XSQ files in csfasta (and QV.qual) files with XSQconverter and merged each individual csfasta (and QV.qual) with cat function,
        information seems to be maintained,
        paolo

Comment

Yeah, did that too. Bioscope and Lifescope wouldn't use all the reads for alignment, but just the first set.
          Not sure why that was.

NovoalignCS doesn't seem to pick up on the different read sets and uses all reads.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by paolo.kunder View Post
            Finally I converted my indexed XSQ files in csfasta (and QV.qual) files with XSQconverter and merged each individual csfasta (and QV.qual) with cat function,
            information seems to be maintained,
            paolo
            When you cat files, you should obtain a final file with 6 times the same bead_id for different sequence comming from each of your 6 lanes. I'm not sure it won't be a problem then in the future bam file.
            For external pipelines using .csfasta, instead of cat file, i open each .csfasta (and QV.qual) and update the panel number:
            lane 1 : 1 to 708
            lane 2 : 709 to 1416
            lane 3 ...

In case of you use lifescope you should not do anything, import .xsq in lifescope and create reads set directly in lifescope. You can merge the .bam files from each lane with samtools after mapping. There you will have the bead_id issues in your final bam file. It seems not to be problem in case of only visualization in genome browser but it certainly depends on what you plan to do with the merge .bam file.

kevin.
            Last edited by kevleb; 01-05-2012, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses