Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Assembly error

I try to run the Trinity for the RNA-Seq dataset, but I got the following error.

yuanhuang@minion12$ /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Trinity.pl --seqType fq --JM 50G --left reads_data/SRR520139/SRR520139.sra_1.fastq --right reads_data/SRR520139/SRR520139.sra_2.fastq -CPU 6
    Current settings:
    core file size (blocks, -c) 0
    data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
    scheduling priority (-e) 0
    file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
    pending signals (-i) 385985
    max locked memory (kbytes, -l) 64
    max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
    open files (-n) 1024
    pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
    POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
    real-time priority (-r) 0
    stack size (kbytes, -s) unlimited
    cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
    max user processes (-u) 1024
    virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
    file locks (-x) unlimited

Paired mode requires bowtie. Found bowtie at: /home/yuanhuang/bin/bowtie

Found samtools at: /home/yuanhuang/bin/samtools

-since butterfly will eventually be run, lets test for proper execution of java
    #######################################
    Running Java Tests
    CMD: java -Xmx64m -jar /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/util/ExitTester.jar 0
    CMD finished (0 seconds)
    CMD: java -Xmx64m -jar /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/util/ExitTester.jar 1
    -we properly captured the java failure status, as needed. Looking good.
    Java tests succeeded.
    ###################################

-------------------------------------------
    ----------- Jellyfish --------------------
    -- (building a k-mer catalog from reads) --
    -------------------------------------------

CMD: /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/trinity-plugins/jellyfish/bin/jellyfish count -t 6 -m 25 -s 7669584440 --both-strands both.fa
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'jellyfish::file_parser::FileParserError'
    what(): 'both.fa': Invalid input file. Expected fasta or fastq
    Error, cmd: /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/trinity-plugins/jellyfish/bin/jellyfish count -t 6 -m 25 -s 7669584440 --both-strands both.fa died with ret 134 at /home/yuanhuang/bin/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Trinity.pl line 1597.

What's the reason for this error? Does anybody give me the solution? Thank you so much!

This suggests there is a problem with your input files. You should check the left and right fastq files to make sure they are valid fastq.

Comment

Thank you! Actually, I ran it before, but I got this error when I ran it again. So, it's so wired.

Comment

When I got that message, it was because I had previously run a job that errored out. Trinity is able to pick up from where it left off, so my problem was that I reran the same script with output to the same directory. Trinity tried to use the faulty files from the previous run and gave me the same error message you received.

My solution was to go into the output directory, delete everything (or you could redirect the output to a new directory), and then run Trinity.

Comment

Thank you.
          It works when delete the old output directory.

Originally posted by klduong View Post
          When I got that message, it was because I had previously run a job that errored out. Trinity is able to pick up from where it left off, so my problem was that I reran the same script with output to the same directory. Trinity tried to use the faulty files from the previous run and gave me the same error message you received.

My solution was to go into the output directory, delete everything (or you could redirect the output to a new directory), and then run Trinity.

Comment

Trouble running Trinity

Hi - I am having trouble getting Trinity to run.

Here is my command line

/share/apps/trinityrnaseq/20131110/Trinity.pl --seqType fq --JM 6G \
            --left $TRIMMED_OUT${OUTPUT_FILE}_trimmed_1_PU.fastq.gz --right TRIMMED_OUT${OUTPUT_FILE}_trimmed_2_PU.fastq.gz \
            --SS_lib_type RF

I receive 2 different errors:
            /bin/pwd: cannot open directory `../..': Permission denied

and also a complaint about not finding bowtie. I have bowtie 0.12.7 loaded, though Trinity software calls for 0.12.9 Does this matter?

Thanks for your help / guidance.

Comment

First error: You need to give us $TRIMMED_OUT and $OUTPUT_FILE for better troubleshooting. One of those is probably pointing to '../..'. And why does your '--right' not use $TRIMMED_OUT? Or is that a typo?

Second error: The version of bowtie probably doesn't matter. I suspect that your $PATH is wrong. But just to make sure I suggest obtaining the most recent version of Trinity.

Comment

Thanks

Rick - Thank you very much. This was my first post and I learned a lot.
                1) The missing $ was definitely part of my problem
                2) The permission errors were also self-generated. My bash script navigated to various directories to assemble my sample. Trinity tried to create /trinity_out_dir in a directory I didn't have permissions for. A simple cd put me back into my own directory.

Both rookie mistakes, that pertain only to my own script. Admin may want to pull the post as irrelevant/not helpful to anyone else.

Again, Thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses