Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fpkm differences between versions of Cufflinks

I have run the same paired-end SOLiD sample on both version of Cufflinks (0.9.3 and 1.0.3).

When looking at the transcripts.gtf file from both versions, I observe that the FPKMs from the same transcript are different.

1)Does anyone know what changed between the two versions to cause this difference?

When I tried to run the latest version of Cuffcompare (1.0.3) on my paired-end SOLiD sample, no FPKM values were reported--they were all zero.

2) does anyone know why this is the case and what can be done to correct this?

Thank You!

Just noticed this old post, but since no-one had replied, figured why not:

Pre-1.2.0 Cufflinks did not calculate FPKMs in a deterministic manner -- perhaps the EM was randomly initialized -- you could run the same version of Cufflinks on the same dataset 10 times and get 10 different FPKMs.

Granted, the variance would be small, but occasionally it would not. I've calculated that about 1% of the time the FPKM confidence intervals between runs would not overlap (for the same gene).

Anyway, this problem has been fixed as of 1.2.0.

Ariel

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses