Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am having exactly the same problem. The .txt RPKM files that are generated are empty. I have indexed all my BAM files and I'm giving the complete path for all my files in the command.
    What might be going wrong?

Comment

I figured out why my rpkm files were blank and it turns out that my BAM index files are not being recognized even though they are in the same folder as my BAM files.

I don't know why it is unable to find the BAM index files

Comment

Originally posted by aditisk View Post
        I figured out why my rpkm files were blank and it turns out that my BAM index files are not being recognized even though they are in the same folder as my BAM files.

I don't know why it is unable to find the BAM index files
        Did you generate your bam file using GAKT? The index file should have the extention *.bam.bai no just *.bai as outputted by GATK.

You can just copy the *.bai file to *.bam.bai and it should work.

Comment

I realize this is an outdated thread but I am trying to run CONIFER for the first time and having some issues. I cannot run the very first command to generate the RPKM files. Like someone said above, my files are just blank. When I run it in python I get the error:

“Segmentation fault (core dumped)”

I don't know what the source of the error or what it means. I was wondering if it was a memory issue because the bam files that I am trying to read in are ~20GB. I don't know what size files others in this thread are dealing with. I also read about the issue with the index files not matching but I fixed that cause I ran into the same problem with another CNV detection program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses