No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    may I get your views on this thread of my question:
    Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Originally posted by Helical View Post
    That is strange. When you run cufflinks, are you running it with -g (use reference transcripts and assemble new ones) or -G (only use reference transcripts)? I am no expert but I imagine this error could arise depending on how you mapped to the known transcripts.

Comment

Hi all
      I am having the same problem...
      Warning: couldn't find fasta record for 'NT_166469'! This contig will not be bias corrected.
      Warning: couldn't find fasta record for 'X'!Warning: couldn't find fasta record for 'Y'! This contig will not be bias corrected.
      Initially, I used ensemble ref and got this warning and then I used UCSC genome.fa. Both gives me the same error.
      Why ??

Originally posted by kmcarr View Post
      Psikon,

Your hg19 reference file has chromosome names in the format 'chr1' so that is the format they would be in the BAM file(s) generated by TopHat. Whereas the Ensembl GTF you showed in the example has chromosome names as just the numbers (e.g. '11'). Since the alignments in your BAM file(s) are to references named 'chrN' and the annotations in the GTF file are to references named just 'N' Cufflinks naturally won't be able to match them. You need to ensure that the chromosome names in the reference FASTA you use to map exactly match the names in the annotation file. This is typically best done by getting your reference and annotation from the same source.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses