Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how much data output to specify for single Cell RNA seq of human PBMCs?

Hi everyone, I am a novice in to single cell RNA seq and my colleagues and I have sent PBMCs of one patient (before and after treatment) to Novogene for paired-end single cell RNA sequencing. We are interested in obtaining as much biological information as possible from the sequenced PBMCs including sepration of sub-populations, differential expression analysis, gene-gene correlation or covariation, possible discovery of novel cell types.

Novogene has sent us an urgent email asking us how much data to output from the PBMCs and also if we need information about the sequencing saturation (we will be charged more for this). They can output between 12 million bp and 50 million bp. My colleagues and I have searched the internet but cannot find exactly which information to provide to Novogene in this regard. Please can any one help us with some advice? So far all we know is that 30000 reads per cell is suffifient to seprate different populations of PBMCs.Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Are you using 10x? If so take a look at: https://kb.10xgenomics.com/hc/en-us/...ion-libraries-

Comment

Thank you very much for the very helpful suggestion. However I still wish to know how much data output in Giga bases should I specify to Novogene for a 90% sequencing saturation level and 30000 reads per cell?
      Last edited by CharlesG; 04-20-2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

How many cells did you submit?

Comment

Thanks a lot for helping. We submitted approximately 10000 (ten thousand cells) per condition (before and after treatment).

Comment

If we assume all 10000 cells survived. You want a minimum 50000 reads per cell so that is 500M reads * 2 conditions = 1 Billion clusters/single-end reads total. Sequencing length if fixed based on the kit used so you should just worry about reads than basepairs.

According to 10x this will give you 30-50% saturation. If you need more saturation then you will need to sequence more. This assumes that libraries work/sequence well.
            Last edited by GenoMax; 04-20-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses