• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.
    ASHG next week.
    Any care to give odds on ONT:
    A) Being present?
    B) Announcing anything? (Announcing no announcements does not count)

To aid in your handicapping, a certain Clive Brown tweeted:
    Clive G. Brown ‏@Clive_G_Brown 9 Oct

I've reluctantly rejoined twitter purely so that I can make one tweet - when the appropriate time arises ...
    Also, it appears the Minion is now sporting a new look.

Comment

Hopefully they are not going to wait till illumina's "right to negotiate" expire at end of 2016?
      Last edited by GenoMax; 10-18-2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing

A) 100%
        B) 75/25. Either they release something, or risk losing funding from investors at this point. My bet is that they release the Minion sooner than the Gridion.

Comment

Originally posted by bstamps View Post
          I'm guessing

Either they release something, or risk losing funding from investors at this point. My bet is that they release the Minion sooner than the Gridion.
          They just raised $64 Million this month: http://nextgenseek.com/2013/10/oxfor...es-64-million/ Clearly investors must have seen something that we do not have access to (yet).
          Last edited by GenoMax; 10-18-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            They just raised $64 Million this month: http://nextgenseek.com/2013/10/oxfor...es-64-million/ Clearly investors must have seen something that we do not have access to (yet).
            Maybe they were shown the foils from AGBT 2011 :-)

Comment

You could check their website.

Sorry, this page has been moved or deleted Are you looking for any of the following? Pu

ASHG 2013. Oxford Nanopore will be exhibiting at ASHG 2013 in Boston, 22-26 October. http://www.ashg.org/2013meeting/

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenSeq View Post
                You could check their website.

Sorry, this page has been moved or deleted Are you looking for any of the following? Pu

ASHG 2013. Oxford Nanopore will be exhibiting at ASHG 2013 in Boston, 22-26 October. http://www.ashg.org/2013meeting/
                Hopefully more than mockups with plexiglass cutouts like last time around? Unless they show something this will start turning into the mother of all vaporware. Given that there are no leaks (and there were leaks before AGBT 2012) I am not too hopeful. Will be glad to eat my words.

Comment

Apparently position 654 in the exhibition centre at ASHG 2013:

[top left]

Comment

ONT put up some new movies in the past 4 days. New looks at the GridION cartridge as well as miRNA sequencing and protein detection.

Comment

Oxford Nanopore at ASHG

Here at the ASHG tradeshow floor setup, was able to spot the Oxford booth. (Attached is a photo, and you can spot the stack of GridIONs on top of the table there.)

I heard a rumor yesterday about them but won't engage in any rumor-mongering.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Why not try it ?

Fred

Comment

ONT is the Kool-aid Man busting through the wall:
                          "OH YEAH!"

PacBio shares already down 15%.
                          Some extra info at the bottom of the GenomeWeb article

The MinIons also appear to be re-usable! So, so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GW_OK View Post
                            The MinIons also appear to be re-usable! So, so cool.
                            You have to send the MinIons in for recycle/reuse, if I remember correctly.

The article you linked says "participants can order additional flow cells for $999 a piece". I hope that is just during the trial and that the final cost will not be that high.

It would be difficult to keep tens on hand if they are going to cost $1K each.

Comment

Maybe I am a bit new to the whole ONT discussion.. But from my read of the website, I see they talk about a 'Run till you get sufficient data' workflow. (Kinda enticing )

But has there been any mention of just how long each of these can be run and what the final pore density would be per chip for GridION and MinION?

Obviously the GridION would be a legit superior, but just how far behind is the MinION in performance (or throughput)? ... Any clues I might have missed so far or new ones from the latest ASHG?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                                You have to send the MinIons in for recycle/reuse, if I remember correctly.
                                At the beginning of the article they mention the "flow cells" and "usb device" as being separate entities. Also, on the ONT website, they say you can dry down the flowcells before you send them back, a condition of the early access program. This, to me, seems as though the MinIon can accept single use cartridges.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses