No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galaxy - illumina data analysis

Hello folks,
    I am trying to use galaxy to run my analysis on my illumina data. I uploaded data into history and ran fastq groomer on it. I waited a day and still the job shows "waiting to be run" I have total 20GB data across 57 data sets:
    Just with the first data run , I am getting that message and still not changed the status! Any idea what is happening and when I could expect it to be done???I have written to galaxy people as well but any suggestions will help.

Also is there a way to find out the datascore type of illumina if it is solexa or illumina 1.3-1.7 or 1.8+ ???
    Thanks
    geneart.

Galaxy has become a victim of their own success. Too many people like you around the world trying to use the main galaxy site. Of late advice from galaxy support has been to use an amazon cloud instance of galaxy (at your expense) if you have an immediate need for data analysis. Not much you can do but wait for the logjam to clear at main galaxy site.

If that data is your own can't you check with the facility that generated the data as to what format the quality values are in. You could also run a tool like "fastqc" (http://www.bioinformatics.babraham.a...ojects/fastqc/) on one of the files and it should tell you about the quality format of the data.

Comment

Install a local instance of Galaxy on your computer and upload the data files as Admin. Then you can process much faster. The Galaxy install is straight forward with good instructions.
      Also, depending n what you want to do, its much faster using the original package outside of Galaxy in command line.

Comment

Thanks Genomax and JackieBadger ! I will definitely try the fastqc, and then run the rest of my data on galaxy local. Appreciate ur time

Comment

galaxy issue

Hello all,
          can anyone suggest how to go about this please.....
          I created a workflow and ran the workflow on my dataset from the workflow menu,which opened up the interface "running workflow on dataset..." in the middle part of the screen.
          Fine and dandy ! I made changes as needed in the parameters and clicked on "run workflow". Now the problem was that the page showed error in that part of the screen indicating the page does not exist or retype address and such, the other two column displays showing the tools on my left of the screen and the current history did not change it was as it is .
          Now my question is: do u think my workflow would have initiated ? do I need to rerun my workflow?
          I checked to see after sometime and still there was nothing. But then my dataset is large so maybe it is not enough time yet to show any outputs, but I dont want to wait two days and then realise that my workflow di dnot run at all !!!!
          Please suggest
          Thanks,
          geneart.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses