Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrS View Post
    It doesn't like the last line from these few lines (the lines before it are fine... this is actually the 74th line of my sam file)
    Are those two reads sufficient to cause the crash, or are the earlier lines also required? Also, could you post the exact command you used that caused the crash (with options, like strandedness)?

Comment

FYI, I was able to reproduce this crash in HTSeq-0.5.3 but it ran correctly in HTSeq-0.5.4. If you're not using the most up-to-date version, try upgrading and see if that fixes things.

Comment

Thank you - I'll try to do that. And yes, those were sufficient to make it crash.

Comment

Public License v3. Part of the 'HTSeq' framework, version 0.5.4p1.

Already running 0.5.4

Comment

The most recent version is 0.5.4p3

Comment

Aha - on your website it only has up to p2, and the p2 was a Windows fix, where I'm on Linux. I'll download and let you know, but it may take a little while (working on other things now as well)

Comment

Originally posted by DrS View Post
                Aha - on your website
                I'm not the author, I just use htseq-count pretty frequently (I've never met the author!), so I'd like to get bugs fixed before they affect me too

Comment

I just downloaded and installed the one from:
                  A framework to process and analyze data from high-throughput sequencing (HTS) assays

The file is:
                  HTSeq-0.5.4p3.tar.gz

The version still reports as:
                  Written by Simon Anders ([email protected]), European Molecular Biology
                  Laboratory (EMBL). (c) 2010. Released under the terms of the GNU General
                  Public License v3. Part of the 'HTSeq' framework, version 0.5.4p1.

.... And I still get the crash.

100000 GFF lines processed.
                  200000 GFF lines processed.
                  296737 GFF lines processed.
                  Warning: Malformed SAM line: MRNM != '*' although flag bit &0x0008 set
                  Warning: Malformed SAM line: RNAME != '*' although flag bit &0x0004 set
                  Segmentation fault

I'm thinking I'm going to have to try another aligner and see if that works

Comment

It's actually an easy fix to get the most recent version running. If you open the htseq-count file in a text editor, you'll see that it mentions the exact version (you can have multiple versions installed). Assuming everything with the newest version is setup correctly, you can just change "p1" to "p3" and things should work. BTW, which aligner are you using? I've had good experience with tophat2 and, more recently, STAR.

Comment

I was using Bowtie2 - paired-end genomic data from a 250x250 miSeq run.
                      I've asked others to chime in if they're also only having problems with paired-end data.

I'll try STAR next, but have meetings most of today so it might take a day or two to get to it.

And sorry about the mistaken identity

Comment

Just keep in mind that you'll need rather more RAM for STAR, though it can finish a sample in the time it takes to grab a coffee.

Comment

RAM is not an issue in my group.

Comment

Just as an update - I ended up using STAR and had no problems with it. Still no idea why I was having problems with the other data.

Comment

GMAP and HTseq problems

I use GMAP to align my RNA-seq and then I use HT-Seq to get the counts. When i run the HTseq count script, it always complains of the sam file not being sorted.

I have used from picard tools, samtools and sort command to sort my SAM file but still it complains.

Picard tools (SortSAM)
                              SAmtools (convert from SAM to BAM, sort BAM file, Index BAM file, reconvert to BAM file).

Any reason? The HT-Seq count tools works well with tophat alignments

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses