No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflinks error message on test data

Hi,

I compiled cufflinks after installing samtools and the boost libraries. Everything went fine. However, when I tested using cufflinks test_data.sam, the following error message appears.

cufflinks: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread.so.1.44.0: cann
    ot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems that cufflinks is not seeing the shared object file. However, when I ran the configure, it said as the following:
    checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... yes

Any help will be appreciated.

Sherry

Are you sure you followed all of the directions at http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.html ?

What system are you compiling on?

Comment

It's a quad 4x4 processors, 64 bit machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3

Comment

Hi Sherry
        I had a similar problem which I solved by downloaded the pre-compiled executable software (cufflinks-0.9.1.Linux_x86_64) and following the (much simpler) install directions in the manual. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks! I will give it a try!

Comment

Thanks! It worked!

It gave a minor error message:
            cufflinks: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cufflinks)

but this doesn't seem to affect the running.

Thanks again,

Sherry

Comment

Hi ,
              I got the same message
              "cufflinks: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cufflinks)"
              Is it really minor error message for running cufflinks?
              Is there any way to fix it?
              Thanks,

e-kim

Comment

got the same error msg. wonder if it matters ............

Originally posted by Sherry View Post
                Thanks! It worked!

It gave a minor error message:
                cufflinks: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cufflinks)

but this doesn't seem to affect the running.

Thanks again,

Sherry

Comment

We started with Bowtie and made indexes from Soybean transcript indexes then ran our dataset with commond
                  nice -10 ./bowtie --best --sam Gmax /Users/waseem/Desktop/inputdata/s_5_sequence_S53A.txt /Users/waseem/Desktop/Outputs/s_5_sequence_S53Aoutput.sam

And Got the Output in Sam Format.
                  Then it was converted to Bam as
                  /share/apps/samtools/samtools samtools import Gmax_109_transcript.fa.fai Outputs/s_4_sequence_S24Aoutput.sam Outputs/s_4_sequence_S24Aoutput.bam

Then The Bam file was sorted as;
                  /share/apps/samtools/samtools sort Outputs/s_4_sequence_S24Aoutput.bam Outputs/s_4_sequence_S24Aoutputsorted

and this sorted Bam file was run in cufflinks to find the counts of reads hitting in each transcript region as;
                  ./cufflinks -o output s_4_sequence_S24Asorted.bam

It runs till 80% of data is processed and hangs;

erml90-68:cufflinks-1.0.0.OSX_x86_64 waseem$ ./cufflinks -o output s_4_sequence_S24Asorted.bam
                  Warning: Your version of Cufflinks is not up-to-date. It is recommended that you upgrade to Cufflinks v1.0.1 to benefit from the most recent features and bug fixes (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
                  open: No such file or directory
                  File s_4_sequence_S24Asorted.bam doesn't appear to be a valid BAM file, trying SAM...
                  Error: cannot open alignment file s_4_sequence_S24Asorted.bam for reading
                  erml90-68:cufflinks-1.0.0.OSX_x86_64 waseem$ ./cufflinks -o output s_4_sequence_S24Aoutputsorted.bam
                  Warning: Your version of Cufflinks is not up-to-date. It is recommended that you upgrade to Cufflinks v1.0.1 to benefit from the most recent features and bug fixes (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
                  [18:21:30] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
                  > Processing Locus Glyma0169s00210.1|PACid:162 [******************** ] 80%

I don't know whats going on, and where lies the error.

Comment

Hi,

I also had the same problem (on 32-bit ubuntu)
                    "cufflinks: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread.so.1.42.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH fixed it for me:
                    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib/

/usr/local/lib is the default installation directory, but you should use the path to your directory containing libboost_thread.so.1.42.0

Hope that helps
                    Last edited by sd3; 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM. Reason: clarification of path

Comment

Will try. Thanks!

Comment

the same error,need help! thanks!

Comment

I read this post searching for a solution to an issue I'm suffering while using Cufflinks. I try to run it on a series of tophat bam files obtained from an alignment to the Rattus norvegicus reference genome (rn4).
                          Cufflinks hangs at 80% of the analysis while trying to match a result against the ChrUn reference. I tried to create a "ChrUn free" reference in order to avoid this bug, but it still gets stuck at the same reads group:

"Inspecting bundle chrUn:427619-427681 with 20 reads"

It stays there for hours as if the program were running, but don't do anything...

Can somebody please help me on how to avoid this error or to solve it?

Thanks in advance

JL
                          Last edited by Jluis; 07-23-2012, 07:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses