Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChIP-seq of possibly high repeated sequences

Hi all, I have these ChIP-seq samples which may be enriched in high-repeated sequences... As many softwares for ChIP-seq rely on unique matches I wonder which could be a good strategy to analyze such samples....

Thanks

d

Originally posted by dawe View Post
    Hi all, I have these ChIP-seq samples which may be enriched in high-repeated sequences... As many softwares for ChIP-seq rely on unique matches I wonder which could be a good strategy to analyze such samples....

Thanks

d
    hi d
    if you are not explicitly interested in what binds the repeats, you just eliminate the non-unique sequences (and try to sequence sufficiently deep to get more than just repeptitive sequences).
    if you are interested in targets that bind the repeats you will have problems to convincingly analyze the data (imho)
    m

Comment

Originally posted by mudshark View Post
      if you are interested in targets that bind the repeats you will have problems to convincingly analyze the data (imho)
      m
      That's exactly what I fear!
      Thanks

d

Comment

why don't you treat your sequences as de-novo assembly and try to align them with very very strict alignment parameters. This will hopefully result in many unique contigs that rely on small changes even within repeat regions. Then you just have to find the corresponding unique contigs between treatment and control and calculate the statistical difference.

Comment

Originally posted by What_Da_Seq View Post
          why don't you treat your sequences as de-novo assembly and try to align them with very very strict alignment parameters. This will hopefully result in many unique contigs that rely on small changes even within repeat regions. Then you just have to find the corresponding unique contigs between treatment and control and calculate the statistical difference.
          Mmm... that's an interesting approach... I'll try it for sure. Which assembler would you suggest for this task? I've tried once abyss but it didn't satisfy me. Velvet, maybe?

d

Comment

What type of repeats do you expect to be enriched? Do you see any alignments at all in these regions? If your repeats are relatively short and you are planning to do more sequencing one way would be to select larger fragments and do additional shearing before library construction, this would perhaps give more unique alignments around the repeats.

Comment

Sorry no experience with de-novo assembly only reference based assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                ... do additional shearing before library construction, this would perhaps give more unique alignments around the repeats.
                I do not follow. Don't you want to do LESS shearing to get larger fragments?

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                  What type of repeats do you expect to be enriched? Do you see any alignments at all in these regions? If your repeats are relatively short and you are planning to do more sequencing one way would be to select larger fragments and do additional shearing before library construction, this would perhaps give more unique alignments around the repeats.
                  The person who gave us the sample claims that there may be enrichment in rDNA sequences (mouse). I've tried to align reads on rDNA sequence only and I get ~0.15 % reads aligned (which seems to me pretty high for a 45kbp sequence) in IP. I've just excluded the matching reads to align them on the rest of the genome (just to see what's happening).
                  I've also noticed that rDNA sequence are not annotated on mouse genome (and they're expected to be ~400 copies scattered around).

d

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses