Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orthomcl error

I ran into a problem running orthomcl for the first time. I was stuck at orthomclPairs step. Error message reads below.

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at ../bin/orthomclPairs line 693, <F> line 14.
    Lost connection to MySQL server during query at ../bin/orthomclPairs line 693, <F> line 14.

The log file reads below:

Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: dbVendor=mysql
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: dbConnectString=dbi:mysqlrthomcl:local
    host:3307
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: dbLogin=orthomcl
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: dbPassword=********
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: similarSequencesTable=SimilarSequences
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: orthologTable=Ortholog
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: inParalogTable=InParalog
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: coOrthologTable=CoOrtholog
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: interTaxonMatchView=InterTaxonMatch
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: percentMatchCutoff=50
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: evalueExponentCutoff=-5
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 configuration: oracleIndexTblSpc=NONE
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 Constructing common temp tables
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:04 2011 Find min evalue exp (OrthoMCL-DB V2 took ??? for thi
    s step)
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:05 2011 done
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:05 2011 updating SimilarSequences, setting 0 evalue_exp to un
    derflow value (-180 - 1) (Benchmark dataset took 25 min for this step)
    Fri Jun 24 15:34:09 2011 step 'updateMinimumEvalueExponent' done (1 mins)

Fri Jun 24 15:34:09 2011 create BestQueryTaxonScore (Benchmark dataset took 1
    .5 hours for this step)

It sounds like a problem with my mysql server, isn't it? But the previous steps were OK, and I am able to connect to it, so I am confused. Could anyone with experience with this program please help me fix this? Thank you very much.

I am having trouble at this step as well. The error I get is different, though.

orthomclPairs orthomcl.config orthomclPairs.log cleanup=yes
    DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'orthomcl.OrthologTemp' doesn't exist at /usr/local/orthomcl/bin/orthomclPairs line 668, <F> line 12.
    Table 'orthomcl.OrthologTemp' doesn't exist at /usr/local/orthomcl/bin/orthomclPairs line 668, <F> line 12.

Comment

Hi All,
      I am also getting an error in the 4th Step "orthomclInstallSchema"
      HTML Code:
      [rsharma@primary my_orthomcl_dir]$ orthomclInstallSchema orthomcl.config.template 
      DBI connect('orthomcl:3307','orthomcl',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '3307' (22) at /home/rsharma/Software/orthomclSoftware-v2.0.3/bin/../lib/perl/OrthoMCLEngine/Main/Base.pm line 56.
      Can't connect to MySQL server on '3307' (22) at /home/rsharma/Software/orthomclSoftware-v2.0.3/bin/../lib/perl/OrthoMCLEngine/Main/Base.pm line 56, <F> line 14.
      I did the mysql installations on my home directory without su privileges. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
      Regards,
      Rahul
      Rahul Sharma,
      Ph.D
      Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Comment

Originally posted by kmkocot View Post
        I am having trouble at this step as well. The error I get is different, though.

orthomclPairs orthomcl.config orthomclPairs.log cleanup=yes
        DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'orthomcl.OrthologTemp' doesn't exist at /usr/local/orthomcl/bin/orthomclPairs line 668, <F> line 12.
        Table 'orthomcl.OrthologTemp' doesn't exist at /usr/local/orthomcl/bin/orthomclPairs line 668, <F> line 12.
        Hi,

have you solved this? I get the same error but then already at the LoadBlast step.

Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't figure out my issue. I will probably work with this some more in the not too distant future so if I figure anything out I will let you know.

Kevin

Comment

If you are unable to connect it could mean that the MySQL daemon isn't running. You should be able to do something like:
            Code:
            ps axu | grep mysqld
            to check. Depending on how you configured MySQL, it may not be set to start automatically. This is a common reason for not being able to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by rahularjun86 View Post
              Hi All,
              I am also getting an error in the 4th Step "orthomclInstallSchema"
              HTML Code:
              [rsharma@primary my_orthomcl_dir]$ orthomclInstallSchema orthomcl.config.template 
              DBI connect('orthomcl:3307','orthomcl',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '3307' (22) at /home/rsharma/Software/orthomclSoftware-v2.0.3/bin/../lib/perl/OrthoMCLEngine/Main/Base.pm line 56.
              Can't connect to MySQL server on '3307' (22) at /home/rsharma/Software/orthomclSoftware-v2.0.3/bin/../lib/perl/OrthoMCLEngine/Main/Base.pm line 56, <F> line 14.
              I did the mysql installations on my home directory without su privileges. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
              Regards,
              Rahul

Even though this is an old post (and probably way too late for rahularjun86), I wanted to share my solution for other users (I spent too much time on this nonsense!).

Run netstat -tanp | grep mysqld
              You should get something along the lines of:
              tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:#### 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN #####/mysqld

The #####/mysqld is the PID number--you don't care about this.
              The number listed at 0.0.0.0:#### is the port number. This is what should be in orthomcl.config. For me it was set at 3306--the default port and what is assumed in orthomcl.config.template is 3307.

Comment

I got same issue while running orthomcl load blast
                "DBI connect('orthomcl:3307','root',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '3307' (22) at /home/eprints/clust/orthomclSoftware/bin/../lib/perl/OrthoMCLEngine/Main/Base.pm line 56.''

how to solve this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses