No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium PE yields?

Hi,

Our local sequencing provider says the soon-to-be-released Titanium PE kits produce a mix (about half-half) of shotgun reads and PE reads on a given run, where the shotgun reads come from the non-adapted ("internal") part of the circularised molecule. The only info I've seen on 454 Titanium PE sequencing is this ad from Roche: http://www.454.com/downloads/DeNovoC...omes_Flyer.pdf
    • Does anyone know how many shotgun and/or PE reads one expects to get from a single plate of Titanium PE sequencing?
    • Can anyone clarify whether there is a selection step for PE constructs prior to sequencing - if so why are non-PE shotgun sequences still prevalent?

Thanks!
    Anar

In my opinion, the yield may be little lower, cause there are about 40nt linker exist in the PE reads. But I don't have the exact data.

For your question 2, I'm also puzzled. The estimation is quite depending on your sequencing DNA genome size. For larger genome, the two kinds of reads should be mixed to help get a de novo sequencing genome. For smaller genome, either reads will fix the genome, but the shotgun reads is much cheaper.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses