Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, but you shouldn't really be running that as root. Anyway, another command to try:
    Code:
    pwd && perl ./soap2sam.pl
    If that works (and shows the help/usage message), then this one should also work:
    Code:
    perl ./soap2sam.pl abc.soap > abc.sam

Comment

no such file or directory for what? could you please copy the exact error?

Comment

Sorry I typed the wrong file name. corrected it and ran it..the command runs and generates an output but same zero space it has..

Comment

I mean I typed it as ab.soap by mistake. Corrected it and ran again. but the output file is again empty.

Comment

Have you checked the input file to see if it looks right?
            Code:
            head abc.soap

Comment

Yes. the command "head" works . shows me the initial contents of the file.

Comment

shows me the initial contents of the file
                And what are these contents? Could you please show the output?

This page suggests it should be a 9-column output, tab separated:

To confirm tab separated, you can do this:

Code:
                hexdump -C abc.soap | head
                and look for '09' between fields in the left hand side of the output.

Comment

>3 length 34 cvg_0.0_tip_0
                  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTT
                  >5 length 34 cvg_0.0_tip_0
                  AGTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

These are the first intial lines of the file abc.soap.

On running the command you mentioned, I get an output , not sure what you mentioned to look for means.

Comment

Code:
                    >3 length 34 cvg_0.0_tip_0
                    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTT
                    >5 length 34 cvg_0.0_tip_0
                    AGTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
                    That's a FASTA file, not a SOAP alignment file. Are you sure you ran SOAP (i.e. the SOAPaligner program) rather than SOAPdenovo to get this output?

Comment

We ran soapdenovo on this...so we have to use soapaligner ??

I mean the output isn't same for soapdenovo and soapaligner??..

And lastly if I have to convert only this fasta file into SAM, what should I do?..is it possible?

Comment

We ran soapdenovo on this...so we have to use soapaligner ??
                        I mean the output isn't same for soapdenovo and soapaligner??
                        Assembly and alignment are two different things. soap2sam.pl expects alignments in the format produced by SOAP (i.e. SOAPaligner). If you don't want to use SOAP for this, there are plenty of other programs for mapping that can produce SAM files directly as output.

And lastly if I have to convert only this fasta file into SAM, what should I do?..is it possible?
                        You may be able to simulate reads using the coverage values in the sequence headers, but that would be silly because it wouldn't be a true representation of your data. Also, you would still need to work out a way to generate SAM files.

Comment

Sorry to bother you, I am naive in this field.

Actually I did not use SOAPaligner as it requires a reference to run I think. So I used Soapdenovo. Now I want to run this output in Rseq for quantification of my data.

But Rseq requires SAM format as input so i have been trying to convert it to SAM.

Which softwares I must use , if you can suggest?

Comment

And I want to user mrfQuantifier in Rseq, so basically I need the SAM format as input for it or is there anyway to convert it to MRF directly without involving a SAM conversion step.

Comment

Maybe you should read up on assembly, alignment and quantification before messing around too much with the different software...

The contigs generated by SOAPdenovo can be used as a reference for quantification. You can align the reads to those contigs with e.g. SOAPaligner to get a file with aligned reads (in the SOAP format) that you can convert into SAM for further analysis. Or you can use a software like RSEM for quantification.

Comment

Also you should possibly try a transcriptome-centric assembler such as Trinity, Trans-ABySS, Oases or SOAPdenovo-Trans instead of SOAPdenovo, which is optimized for genomic assembly.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses