No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >90% aligned concordantly 0 times ChIP-seq Bowtie2

Hi,

I know this question have raised many times here and in other forums but I've tried everything other people suggested in previous posts and still can't figure it out where is the problem...... This is the output summary of Bowtie2 (I checked several times the target genome, hg19 and it's correct):

21404130 reads; of these:
    21404130 (100.00%) were paired; of these:

21196512 (99.03%) aligned concordantly 0 times
    104527 (0.49%) aligned concordantly exactly 1 time
    103091 (0.48%) aligned concordantly >1 times
    ----
    21196512 pairs aligned 0 times concordantly or discordantly; of these: 42393024 mates make up the pairs; of these:

906397 (2.14%) aligned 0 times
    28296440 (66.75%) aligned exactly 1 time
    13190187 (31.11%) aligned >1 times
    97.88% overall alignment rate

I have paired-end ChIP-seq data, 50 bp reads. These are my steps (in Galaxy):

1) I groomed the fastq files to get fastqsanger (I checked if it's correct: Input FASTQ quality scores type --> Sanger & Illumina 1.8+)

2) FastQC is ok for all samples, some adapter contamination.

3) I trimmed using either TrimGalore or Trimmomatic (I get the same result using both) using forward and reverse files for each sample. I checked and I didn't missed up the forward and reverse samples (I run Bowtie2 using first file 1 and file 2 and also using first file 2 and second file 1 and I get the same result...)

4) I mapped the trimmed files to hg19 genome using Bowtie2 with option -fr and I get the result shown above. No matter what I try, I always get the same with the different samples that I have. All of them have around 32% of reads with adapters which I trimmed. I have no idea what to do with this.

Any suggestions or idea of where is the mistake? Am I missing something?

Thank you very much in advance.

Gema

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses