No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNP array analysis

I there!!

A friend has passed me the data of an Infinium Omni5-4 array. In short, they have applied two different mutagens to a cell line. I have passed a data set that contains:
    3 mother samples (MS)
    3 samples mutagen 1 (M1)
    3 samples mutagen 2 (M2)
    Its objective is to identify the mutagenic potential of each mutagen.
    After googeling, I think what I need to do is a Manhattan plot to identify the chromosomal regions that have mutated the most for each mutagen.
    What I have done at the moment is:
    1 Genotyping callin, using the Genotyping Module of Genome Studio
    2 Establish the reference set: SNP's 100% call and with the same genotype in all MS.
    3 Assign each SNP of samples M1 and M2 a 1 if the genotype has varied from the reference or a 0 if it has not. The SNPs of the M1 and M2 samples that are not in the reference set or that are not 100% called have been discarded.
    I have done all this with perl. What I now have is a text file with the following structure:
    SNP_1 SNP_2 ...
    M1.1 1 0
    M1.2 1 1
    M2.3 1 0

And that's all folks!!, I have no idea what I should do now.
    Any help will be welcome because, as you may deduced, I have no idea of working with arrays or statistics.
    Thank you

Hi Vasudev,
    I'm afraid this is not an array analysis, at least not complete.
    The part of the analysis of results, that I hope someday someone completes, is missing.
    In addition, until someone with experience in the analysis of arrays is pronounced, this should be interpreted as a noob's attempt to interpret data with which he had never worked before.
    Anyway, thanks for your comment.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses