Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat Fusion error with mRNAseq data

I tried to run TopHat Fusion on canine mRNA-seq data (Illumina paired-end), but received the error below.

Perhaps it is an inappropriate use of the software (giving it RNA data instead of DNA data)?

Any other ideas? Anyone else gotten this error or tried using Tophat Fusion in this way?

[Wed Aug 10 04:40:50 2011] Joining segment hits
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./tophatfusion-0.1.0-bin/tophat-fusion", line 2610, in ?
    sys.exit(main())
    File "./tophatfusion-0.1.0-bin/tophat-fusion", line 2566, in main
    user_supplied_deletions)
    File "./tophatfusion-0.1.0-bin/tophat-fusion", line 2255, in spliced_alignment
    right_reads_map = maps[right_reads].unspliced_bwt
    AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'unspliced_bwt'

What version are you using? I've encountered some weird differences between the version I compiled on linux, versus the pre-compiled linux or mac binaries. Basically the only version that works for me top to bottom is the pre-compiled Mac binary. The self compiled linux version failed during the tophat-fusion process, the linux binary works for tophat-fusion but failed for tophat-fusion-post. The mac version seems to work all the way through less a blast error that looks like a memory error that could be due to the small footprint I have on my laptop.

Comment

I was using the pre-compiled linux binary. Another member of our group had no problems generating fusion files with human RNA data from the same install. I run the standard flavor of Tophat just fine with my canine files though...

Comment

Were you able to find a work around for this error? I'm having this error too, even when trying to reproduce the tutorial with the test data. I builded Tophat-Fusion from source on Mac OS X 10.6. This is my whole run:
        Code:
        $ /usr/local/Cellar/tophatfusion/0.1.0/bin/tophat-fusion -o tophat_MCF7 -p 8 --allow-indels --no-coverage-search -r 0 --mate-std-dev 80 --fusion-min-dist 100000 --fusion-anchor-length 13 /Volumes/Data/db/ucsc/hg19/bowtie_path/base/hg19 SRR064286_1.fastq SRR064286_2.fastq

[Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Beginning TopHat run (v0.1.0 (Beta))
        -----------------------------------------------
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Preparing output location tophat_MCF7/
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Checking for Bowtie index files
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Checking for reference FASTA file
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Checking for Bowtie
        	Bowtie version:			 0.12.7.0
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:33 2011] Checking for Samtools
        	Samtools Version: 0.1.17
        [Wed Oct  5 13:12:36 2011] Checking reads
        	min read length: 50bp, max read length: 50bp
        	format:		 fastq
        	quality scale:	 phred33 (default)
          File "/usr/local/Cellar/tophatfusion/0.1.0/bin/tophat-fusion", line 2611, in <module>
            sys.exit(main())
          File "/usr/local/Cellar/tophatfusion/0.1.0/bin/tophat-fusion", line 2567, in main
            user_supplied_deletions)
          File "/usr/local/Cellar/tophatfusion/0.1.0/bin/tophat-fusion", line 2252, in spliced_alignment
            left_reads_map = maps[left_reads].unspliced_bwt
        Last edited by Carlos Borroto; 10-05-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

On a mac use the pre-compiled binary, it seems to work well, building from source did not work in my hands either. I'm guessing there are some dependancies that are on the developers box which are required and unique to tophat fusion. In my hand tophat-fusion works on the mac both tophat-fusion and tophat-fusion-post, except I can't get the Blast part of fusion-post to work.

Comment

Thanks, seems to be working now using the provided binaries.

Comment

I'm also running into this issue - but it seems like a different stage:

[Fri Dec 30 10:34:32 2011] Reading known junctions from GTF file
              Left reads: min. length=101, count=116510405
              Right reads: min. length=101, count=116485011
              [Fri Dec 30 12:55:51 2011] Mapping right_kept_reads against genome with Bowtie
              [Fri Dec 30 14:55:30 2011] Processing bowtie hits
              [Fri Dec 30 16:51:16 2011] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg1 against genome with Bowtie (1/4)
              [Fri Dec 30 18:28:02 2011] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg2 against genome with Bowtie (2/4)
              [Fri Dec 30 20:02:27 2011] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg3 against genome with Bowtie (3/4)
              [Fri Dec 30 21:39:32 2011] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg4 against genome with Bowtie (4/4)
              File "/home/akurdogl/bin/tophat/tophat", line 2604, in ?
              sys.exit(main())
              File "/home/akurdogl/bin/tophat/tophat", line 2563, in main
              user_supplied_deletions)
              File "/home/akurdogl/bin/tophat/tophat", line 2253, in spliced_alignment
              Any ideas?

Comment

I have similar errors like this...Anyone can help?
                [Sat May 26 17:17:07 2012] Beginning TopHat run (v0.1.0 (Beta))
                -----------------------------------------------
                [Sat May 26 17:17:07 2012] Preparing output location /share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/Glioma/tissue/tophat_fusion/
                [Sat May 26 17:17:07 2012] Checking for Bowtie index files
                [Sat May 26 17:17:07 2012] Checking for reference FASTA file
                Warning: Could not find FASTA file /share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/Glioma/solid_hg19_index/hg19_c.fa
                [Sat May 26 17:17:07 2012] Reconstituting reference FASTA file from Bowtie index
                Executing: /share/biosoft/bin/bowtie-inspect /share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/Glioma/solid_hg19_index/hg19_c > /share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/Glioma/tissue/tophat_fusion/tmp/hg19_c.fa
                [Sat May 26 17:19:38 2012] Checking for Bowtie
                Bowtie version: 0.12.7.0
                [Sat May 26 17:19:38 2012] Checking for Samtools
                Samtools Version: 0.1.7
                [Sat May 26 17:21:01 2012] Checking reads
                min read length: 35bp, max read length: 50bp
                format: fasta
                File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion.py", line 2610, in ?
                sys.exit(main())
                File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion.py", line 2566, in main
                user_supplied_deletions)
                File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion.py", line 2251, in spliced_alignment

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses