No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Blast output to tabular

Hi,

Does anybody know how to convert Blast Output as below to a tabular (.csv) output or how to extract top hits? In the online tool that I use I can't select for tabular output.

Thanks!

Query= OsSNP0002
    (142 letters)

Database: ../uniprot-oryza-sativa-indica.fasta
    42,240 sequences; 15,872,719 total letters

Searching..................................................done

Score E
    Sequences producing significant alignments: (bits) Value

tr|A2WJN5|A2WJN5_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 55 2e-18
    tr|B8AKP7|B8AKP7_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 53 6e-17
    tr|B8AEL6|B8AEL6_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 28 1.5
    tr|B8B114|B8B114_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 28 2.0
    tr|B8AQS5|B8AQS5_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 27 2.6
    tr|B8ADP7|B8ADP7_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 27 4.4
    tr|A2ZKU4|A2ZKU4_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 26 7.5
    tr|A2Y774|A2Y774_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 26 7.5
    tr|A2WXP8|A2WXP8_ORYSI Putative uncharacterized protein OS=Oryza... 25 9.7 [/SIZE][/SIZE]

You could choose the Blast output format by setting -outfmt. Try -outfmt 6 .

Comment

Thank you for your reply, but like I indicated, I can't set the output format in the online tool that I used (no command lines in the tool). This is the output I have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsola View Post
        Thank you for your reply, but like I indicated, I can't set the output format in the online tool that I used (no command lines in the tool). This is the output I have to deal with.
        Sorry, I didn't notice it. I don't know what's the output format by online blast. But if it can be opened by excel or be imported in to R, you could get what you want then.

Comment

Are you able to use the command line/have access to python? Following may work in that case

Extended in this post:

I have a really large BLAST output file that I would like to look at in EXCEL. This website seems to tell me how to do it! Thanks!!! python parse-blast-to-csv.py BLASTresults.txt > out.csv Here …

Comment

I'm not really following how your output is formatted, but I'm sure clever use of e.g. sed could solve your problem. That or using blast_formatter (if your output is asn.1)..
            savetherhino.org

Comment

If you used NCBI to do the search then you can download the results as "hit table.csv" file under the "download" option on the results page.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi GenoMax,

Actually, it is more complicated. The blast output was extracted from MEGAN. It was originally blasted using -m 0 format. I extracted some blast output of some pathways in order to look at the details. I would like to report the highest hit score species in my paper. So, it would be easy for me to convert it to tabular format.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses