No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding the cuffdiff command to get differential gene expression

Hi
    I am using RNA-seq data to use "Differential gene expression". For that I have taken data from SRA (NCBI) raw files of human sample in some experiment (Control- 3 files; each of size ~1GB and test -3 files; size ~1GB).
    (1) I downloaded corresponding *.sra files.
    (2) After converting these (all 6 files) into fastq and filtering these reads, I mapped these reads using BOWTIE onto reference genome hg19.fa from UCSC browser.
    Command I used is:
    bowtie2 -S *.sam -x reference.build -U *.fastq_filtered
    (3) Next used samtools to convert *.sam to *.bam files through this command :
    samtools view -bS *.sam >*.bam
    (4) Next command is :
    samtools sort *.bam *.sorted
    (5) 4th step gave me *.sorted.bam files for all 6 input files.
    (6) Then I used cufflinks to proceed further to get RPKM values. command is
    cufflinks *.sorted.bam
    (7) Query is :
    (a) Do I have to run the above command in 6th step for all 6 *.sorted.bam files (3 for control and 3 for test sample ) ?
    (b) Also, How to use cuffdiff to finally get quantification of each gene with relative RPKM values ?
    (c) As far as I understand, Gene names are not available in these files; so how to tag gene names with corresponding RPKM values (i.e. this RPKM values is for this gene or that gene) ?
    (d) Also, How to say that a given gene is overexpressed or underexpressed in test sample as compared to control sample ?
    (e) Also, How to average the replicates (as I have 3 control replicates and 3 test replicates) ? The cuffdiff command is not contemplated by me which says like this :

cuffdiff [options]* <transcripts.gtf> <sample1_replicate1.sam[,...,sample1_replicateM]> <sample2_replicate1.sam[,...,sample2_replicateM.sam]>... [sampleN.sam_replicate1.sam[,...,sample2_replicateM.sam]]

(f) Is it necessary to run cuffcompare command in this case ?

Thanks in advance
    kumardeep

I am also looking for an answer to (d) listed in your post. Did you find an answer to this question? Or does anyone have an answer to how to you determine, output the genes that are upregulated or downregulated compared to control or other samples in the experiment?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
    0 responses