No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuffdiff single end reads

hello,

am running cuffdiff between two single end reads and even thought it runs fine am getting a message as follows:

using default gaussian distribution due to insufficient paired-end reads in open ranges.it is recommended that correct parameters be provided(frag-len-mean and frag-len-std-dev)

when they say fragment length ,do they mean average read length?

thanks,
    joji

Hi madsaan,

Do you fix the problem already?
    I'm facing the same error message as well
    need your advice....

Comment

hello edge,

I initially thought fragment length meant read length.Mine was 84 bp and I gave that as read length and i ended up without the warning message but my results were the same.When I later searched for it in seqanswers forum I found that frag-len-mean refers to the total sequence length (actual read + the adapter used during making the library). Also,if you use the version 0.9.3 you will not get the warning.
      Hope this helps

Comment

hi madsaan,

Thanks for reply.
        I'm using the latest version of Cufflink 1.0.1 and run the following command"
        Code:
        Cufflink/cufflinks-1.0.1.Linux_x86_64/cufflinks -p 4 -G Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.62.gtf --library-type fr-unstranded tophat_out/accepted_hits.bam 
        Cufflink/cufflinks-1.0.1.Linux_x86_64/cufflinks: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by Cufflink/cufflinks-1.0.1.Linux_x86_64/cufflinks)
        Warning: Could not connect to update server to verify current version. Please check at the Cufflinks website (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
        [19:26:23] Loading reference annotation.
        [19:26:37] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
        Processed 33455 loci.                        [*************************] 100%
        Warning: Using default Gaussian distribution due to insufficient paired-end reads in open ranges.  It is recommended that correct paramaters (--frag-len-mean and --frag-len-std-dev) be provided.
        Map Properties:
               Total Map Mass: 77344272.10
               Read Type: [B]0bp single-end[/B]
               Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
                             Default Mean: 200
                          Default Std Dev: 80
        [19:32:30] Estimating transcript abundances.
        Processed 33455 loci.                        [*************************] 100%
        My input file is 2X50bp, paired-end read.
        I'm not sure why Cufflink will detect it as "0bp single-end".
        Do you have any idea regarding the above error message?
        If I'm using the "-g" option, the progress worked fine but the result is the same as the default Cufflink (without -g and Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.62.gtf in the command) running result
        Code:
        Cufflink/cufflinks-1.0.1.Linux_x86_64/cufflinks -p 4 -g Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.62.gtf --library-type fr-unstranded tophat_out/accepted_hits.bam
        I was thinking just to assemble back the annotate transcript in my sample.
        Thanks for any advice to improve the progress.

Comment

Edge, I am having the same error message. My dataset is 32bp single end. But cuffdiff gave the following message:

> Map Properties:
          > Total Map Mass: 8533100.77
          > Read Type: 0bp single-end
          > Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
          > Default Mean: 200
          > Default Std Dev: 80

I still got all those outputs. Did you figure out what the problem is? I would appreciate it very much if you or anyone else share your insights.

Clariet

Comment

Any resolution on this issue yet?
            I still see "Read Type: 0bp single-end" in my cufflinks1.1.0 output.

Comment

me too

Edit: apologies for hasty posting- it was cuffmerge that was producing this message, not cuffdiff, which in fact displays more more sensible output (not sure why cuffmerge displays this though...).

I'm also experiencing this problem with 1.1.0. The relevant lines:

Code:
              16:19:28] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
              Processed 28835 loci.                       
               Map Properties:
              	Total Map Mass: 731211.00
              	Read Type: 0bp single-end
              	Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
              	              Default Mean: 200
              	           Default Std Dev: 80
              I'm using Illumana GAII 78 bp paired end so it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm trying to determine if it impacts on the result.
              Last edited by pinin4fjords; 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

anybody got solution ?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses