Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is DP4 in VCF (Variant Call Format) and AF1?

Hi,
    Anyone knows what is DP4 in VCF? (I got from mpileup->bcftools view->)
    In this VCF line:
    chr1 1467416 . G C,T,X 35 . DP=105;AF1=0.5;CI95=0.5,0.5;DP4=36,33,30,5;MQ=47;PV4=0.001,3.5e-05,3.2e-21,0.0073
    I undersatnd that:
    DP=105 means Depth (or Coverage) is 105.
    then what is DP4? DP4=36,33,30,5
    I counted number of A/C/G/C , total is 105 but only about half A half C:
    (see this pileup)
    chr1 1467416 G G 62 0 49 105 .$C$C$C.CC,CCCCC.C.C.CCCC.C.C.C.CCCCCC,T..C...,.CCC.,
    .,..,Ct,...,.c,c.cc,,,,,,,,.,,,,.,,,,.,..,.,.,,.,.,,^].^].^]. D!0,2))I3+8)3F+H%44'#2I4II-III22I4II7,I0IIIIFIIIIII/II03%HI<0III2IIIIHI%I#FIII)I1III56IIIIIIIBII/I6IE7@EE

thanks a lot!

There's a definition of DP4 on http://samtools.sourceforge.net/mpileup.shtml

Comment

thanks, I saw the definition of DF4, but still not solving my problem:
      for example: how many C and G in this line?

chr1 10725 . A C,G,X 34 . DP=17;AF1=1;CI95=1,1;DP4=0,0,17,0;MQ=18 PL 67,45,72,67,0,29,45,66,7

Comment

DP4 refers to the reads covering the reference forward, reference reverse, alternate forward, alternate reverse bases. Eg DP4=2,3,0,0 means 2 reads are the reference base, forward strand, 3 reference base, reverse strand, and no covering reads have an alternate at that position. The sum of DP4 will not always equal DP due to some reads being of too low quality.

Comment

Originally posted by gcrdb View Post
          thanks, I saw the definition of DF4, but still not solving my problem:
          for example: how many C and G in this line?

chr1 10725 . A C,G,X 34 . DP=17;AF1=1;CI95=1,1;DP4=0,0,17,0;MQ=18 PL 67,45,72,67,0,29,45,66,7
          I think for that reason, you can generate the pileup without -g or -v flag and look at that loci to see how many C and Gs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tally View Post
            DP4 refers to the reads covering the reference forward, reference reverse, alternate forward, alternate reverse bases. Eg DP4=2,3,0,0 means 2 reads are the reference base, forward strand, 3 reference base, reverse strand, and no covering reads have an alternate at that position. The sum of DP4 will not always equal DP due to some reads being of too low quality.
            Anyone knows exactly what constitutes "high quality" in DP4?

Comment

There's no strict definition of high quality, it'll depend on the program used to call the sites (there's no guarantee that a DP4 field will even exist in any given VCF file).

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
                There's no strict definition of high quality, it'll depend on the program used to call the sites (there's no guarantee that a DP4 field will even exist in any given VCF file).
                What about samtools | mpileup | bcftools in particular?
                I know mpileup has a default base quality of 13 and mapping quality of 0, but that's "raw depth" right?
                What does samtools' high-quality mean?

Comment

You'd have to go through the source code to find out, I've never seen the specifics described anywhere.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses