View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #5
Gordon Smyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralBiologist View Post
dpryan, I see your point (and appreciate the help you have generously given on so many occasions) but the reason for cross-posting is that not everyone is following all the forums.
We do ask users please not to post the same question to multiple forums simultaneously.

Quote:
In this case within a few hours I got help from the Bioconductor list and I was able to proceed with my work. But you never know how long is this going to take. Or whether you will get a response at all. I have had questions that haven't been answered at all.
All reasonable questions sent to the Bioconductor mailing list get an answer. A search suggests that you have posted three questions to the Bioconductor mailing list, and that I have answered all of them myself.

The edgeR developers don't live in the same time zone as you and we can't answer everything within a few hours.

Quote:
What I try to do is to always crosspost the answers, too, so that people don't respond in vain and so that other people having the same issue can benefit, too.
But your cross post of James MacDonald's answer isn't correct. The cpm values are of course normalized, they are just not "normalized counts".
Gordon Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote