No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiSeq run_Error

Hello,

Can anyone give me any help on this problem: Today I started an amplicon sequencing run on the MiSeq platform and after hundred minutes a window popped up with the following error message: "Poor-quality focus model data" Aborting run!

Thanks a lot!
    Steffi1

@Steffi: Please contact Illumina tech support who can remotely look at this run (assuming your machine is accessible over the network otherwise you will need to send them some files) to diagnose the issue.

Sounds like the machine had gone past the clustering step and must have encountered some other error. Was the cluster density number populated on the screen in MCS?

Comment

I have already contact Illumina tech support.

No, the cluster density number was not populated on the screen.

Comment

What chemistry version and run length are you running?

Also, what version of MCS are you running? There are known issues with MCS 2.6 that can cause focusing problems on sequencing runs.

Comment

@ Jessica: I used the MiSeq v3 reagents and the length of my amplicons were between 113-112bp (without adapters, indices..). Do you think, these products/amplicons are too small to detect by the camera (i have not any experience with sequencing). I know, I can also use the MiSeq v2 chemistry, but the 2x250bp output 7,5Gb, no. of reads 15M is too little (because i need to do targeted deep sequencing).

We use MCS 2.5.0.5, do you have same problems?

Comment

Probably worth checking a few thumbnail images to have at least an estimate if and how many clusters are present.

I would assume either massive over- or underclustering

Comment

Originally posted by Steffi1 View Post
              @ Jessica: I used the MiSeq v3 reagents and the length of my amplicons were between 113-112bp (without adapters, indices..). Do you think, these products/amplicons are too small to detect by the camera (i have not any experience with sequencing). I know, I can also use the MiSeq v2 chemistry, but the 2x250bp output 7,5Gb, no. of reads 15M is too little (because i need to do targeted deep sequencing).

We use MCS 2.5.0.5, do you have same problems?
              MCS 2.5.x should be fine. Illumina had issued a notice some months back about a problem with v2.6 that was causing focusing issues, so I wanted to make sure that wasn't causing your failure. The amplicon size without any adapters or indices also sounds okay to me.

I know some users have reported issues with the 2x300 v3 chemistry, but it sounds like you're experiencing a failure at cluster generation or first base incorporation, which would be something altogether different.

Assuming the run stopped in the first cycle and you don't have thumbnail images to share, can you at least let us know what kind of libraries these are (amplicons, but how did you prep them? Kit manufacturer, etc.)? Also, how did you quantify the finished libraries and what concentration did you load on the sequencer?

Lastly, has Illumina tech support gotten back to you yet?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses