Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody tried increasing the cell lysis time?

Comment

Originally posted by rbd View Post
      If this works, does that mean that both the plasma membrane and the nuclear envelope are permeable to the transposase?
      It means that enough of the cells are osmotically lysed in the TD buffer.

Comment

frozen tissue

Hi All, I've been trying to do ATAC-seq on nuclei isolated from frozen tissues with sucrose gradient. Although I am able to obtain a nucleosome-like pattern (see above attachment) but after sequencing I get many background peaks which are very noisy and the peaks at the TSS were not distinct. Anyone has any idea to improve the method and reduce the background peaks?
        Attached Files

Comment

I am looking for methods for alternate to CHIP-Seq for Mouse hematopoietic stem cells. I can't get large number of cells for this protocol. I would appreciate help, if any body aware of protocol (reference). Thanks. KPS

Comment

Originally posted by Jubs View Post
            Hi wen yuan,
            Attached is what I got from the authors, or someone from their lab. I'm also waiting for permission to their forum, let's see...
            Hope it helps
            I used this protocol and got this after adapter-PCR:

Can anyone comment? Is it completely crap or not?

To me sample 2 looks better than sample 1, but I have no real clue as in how it should look.
            Last edited by Zaag; 06-30-2015, 06:01 AM.

Comment

ATACseq bioanalyser trace

Hi

Can someone who has been successful with ATACseq please post a bioanalyser trace of their results? Im interested to see what the expected result should look like.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wonghe View Post
                A correction to my previous post, tagmentation was done at 37C for 30min in the below conditions:
                1) 20K cells, 10ul Tag reaction vol (1ul enzyme) no clean up before PCR (10cycles) clean up using 1:1 Ampure beads and ran on Bioanalyzer (~200-400bp)

2) 20K cells, 25ul Tag reaction vol (2ul enzyme) clean up in Qiagen MinElute col elute in 10ul and use all the transpose DNA for 10 cycles PCR, ran 10ul of amplified product on a 6% TBE gel (observed smear).

So far no luck in the nucleosome pattern.
                [ATTACH]3499[/ATTACH]
                Did you solve your problem of no nucleosomal pattern after library now? Did you sequenced your library? I also faced the same problem. Even though tried to optimize the cell number, incubation time, still didn't work.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Very newbie question here, I'm quite new to the whole next-generation sequencing;
                  I'm now generating ATAC-seq libraries from a mouse cell line. I have 8 different samples that I can amplify with different barcoded primers as to be able to multiplex during sequencing. My question is: How many reads would I need to obtain in order to acquire sufficient coverage of the mouse genome? Would I be able to pool and multiplex my 8 samples or do I need to run separate runs? I can use the MiSeq or HiSeq here for sequencing; which one would be preferable keeping in mind my questions above?

Many thanks in advance for helping me out!

Comment

Hi all,

I am trying to do ATAC-Seq experiment using plant samples. I am wondering whether there is any size selection step after PCR amplification ( Using ampure beads). If yes, what size I should select. OR Instead of size selection, should I just clean up my PCR products using Qiagen Mini Elute.

My second question is, whether the fixation of nuclei with formaldehyde affects the library making even if I do de-crosslinking after the tagmentation reaction.

I would highly appreciate your response.

Comment

Originally posted by qr1120102445 View Post
                      Did you solve your problem of no nucleosomal pattern after library now? Did you sequenced your library? I also faced the same problem. Even though tried to optimize the cell number, incubation time, still didn't work.
                      Yes I get my atac to work on 70K freshly trypsinize cells using the original Greenleaf protocol. Depending on the cell type you are working on you might need to adjust the lysis buffer content to make sure the cells are lysed before adding the transposase.

Comment

Yes I get my atac to work on 70K freshly trypsinize cells using the original Greenleaf protocol. Depending on the cell type you are working on you might need to adjust the lysis buffer content to make sure the cells are lysed before adding the transposase.
                        Hi Wonghe,

I am very interested to see bioanalyzer trace of a successful ATAC-Seq experiment. If possible, would you please share your bioanalyzer trace. If not, would you please describe how was the pattern.

Comment

Hi all

I am trying to do ATAC-seq on fromaldehyde fixed cells. But dont have much sucess with it. Was wondering if any of you have tried it ......any suggestion will be of great help...

Comment

Hi All

I am trying to do ATACseq, and have a question.

How to set up qPCR threshold and baseline in order to see five cycle amplification plot? The regular qPCR has default 3-15 cycles as baseline, I do not think that would be suitable for the ATAC library amplification. I am using StepOne Plus machine.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Follow-uo

Hi All, I've been trying to do ATAC-seq on nuclei isolated from frozen tissues with sucrose gradient. Although I am able to obtain a nucleosome-like pattern (see above attachment) but after sequencing I get many background peaks which are very noisy and the peaks at the TSS were not distinct. Anyone has any idea to improve the method and reduce the background peaks?
                              I am also using frozen tissues. Were you able to eliminate the noise?

Comment

Originally posted by annrose View Post
                                Hi all

I am trying to do ATAC-seq on fromaldehyde fixed cells. But dont have much sucess with it. Was wondering if any of you have tried it ......any suggestion will be of great help...
                                Hi Annrose, I have isolated formaldehyde fixed nuclei and thinking to do ATAC-Seq experiment on that. Would you please mention whether you are getting long fragments after tagmentation or any other issues? I am also wondering whether you have reverse crosslinked your samples before going for PCR. I would highly appreciate your response.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses