Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shotgun sequencing dataset

Please send me the shotgun sequence dataset of 27 million sequencing reads in fasta format so that i can find out the genes from that sequence. thanks in advance!!! if possible, can anyone send me a link for downloading celera generated shotgun sequence.
    Last edited by Heena Farooq; 08-07-2015, 02:11 AM.

Unless you provide some additional information you are not going to get meaningful help.

Why 27 million and why fasta format? You don't care about what organism the data is from?

Comment

Actually i have read the paper namely "Whole genome shotgun assembly and comparison of human genome assemblies". and i need to use its dataset which is generated from celera in 2001 called shotgun dataset which is of 27 million sequencing reads and i need to review this paper by calculating its accuracy of gene prediction. but i am not able to find its dataset's dna sequence so that i can find genes from that. Please help me out.

Comment

I assume you are referring to this paper: http://www.pnas.org/content/101/7/1916.full

Abbreviations: WGSA, whole-genome shotgun assembly; CSA, compartmental shotgun assembly; WGA, whole-genome assembly.

Data deposition: The sequences of the assemblies herein referred to as WGSA, CSA, and WGA have been deposited in the GenBank database (whole-genome assembly project accession nos. AADD00000000, AADC00000000, and AADB00000000).

If so the projects in that paper can be found here (these links seem to now point to the current versions of the human genome though):

This resource organizes information on genomes including sequences, maps, chromosomes, assemblies, and annotations.

This resource organizes information on genomes including sequences, maps, chromosomes, assemblies, and annotations.

Third one does not seem to be in GenBank (AADB00000000).
        Last edited by GenoMax; 08-07-2015, 07:18 AM.

Comment

yes, exactly...you are getting me right..that one is the paper.. i am new in this field hope u dnt mind. e.g. AADC00000000 contains a number of sequences means it has 169156 contigs. can you please tell me which sequence i need to use and how can i use it? thanks for your concern and please help

Comment

It is not clear as to what you are trying to do.

A set of genes was predicted in early 2000's based on the first assembly of human genome but that number has been shrinking over the years (see: http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...Shrinks-Again/).

Current human genome contains fairly well organized chromosome sequences which you can download from this link (in fasta format):ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/a...genomic.fna.gz

I am not sure where you see 169156 contigs? Earliest dataset I can see on UCSC is from May 2010: http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/golde...y2000/bigZips/

Comment

Ok let me explain you.. i have to find out the mutated genes.. and for that i have to take dataset..and thats y m reading the previous mentioned paper (1916.full).. m tryng to take dataset contains disease causing genes and dataset contains whole human genome.. aftr that i vl find out mutated genes frm thse two.. nw i gt ur dataset which you mentioned above..bt i m getting confusd abt its sequence..tht wt shud i use.. and u can also see 169156 contigs as locuslength of dataset AADC00000000.. above all this, if u dnt mind can you give me the direction for doing the same process which i want to do..hpe u undrstd wel nw..thanks

Comment

please send me the algorithm for GeneZilla gene finder algorithm...i will be thankful to you...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses