Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone.I am Tom

I am Tom from Beijing.I am working on 454.I come here to have some communication.

Hello to all,
    Greetings from Paris.

I am pretty new to the field. I have a primary training in Physics, and got interested progressively in biology.

My current focus is on laboratory experiments on the evolution of bacteria.

I am tipping my toes into the field of mass-(re)sequencing, via an initial unique re-sequencing of an evolved clone, using a commercial service provider.

Got into my face a massive amount of data, with files that my ol'PC could not even open.

I am now in the learning curve : ... purchasing first a new PC with more memory, with the idea of trying to make sense out of that starter raw data, and figure out what is the proper way of doing it.

Since it is bacterial stuff, genomic re-arrangements can
    come into the game e.g. via IS (I did not initially wanted to pay the price of pair-end mates sequencing). I have questions about what software to get my hands on, to try to make my own re-assembly, and figure out what is really rubust.
    quite a bit of work to come...

I landed onto this Seqanswers forum after some googling activity, and was rivetted by the amount of info I could already find. This forum is really great !

I chose a pseudo (apparently, Eric estimated that I won (transiently) the contest of "best pseudo on Seqanswers ever )"

Looking forward to good scientific exchanges, and fun!

Francois.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses