Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no precalculated AFs per sub population. You can calculate AN and AC numbers for each sub population and use that to work out an AF though

Comment

Thank you Laura,

Where would I get the AC and AN for the separate subpopulations of the 628 individuals from? Its not on the merged SNP set is it?

Comment

Hi.

I'm newer whith genome. I need yours help. I was downloaded a sequence_read from 1000 genome project (ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nih.gov/1000gen.../data/HG00096/), and i sow two foldres, alignment and sequence_read. Wich this folders has a genome? And what's the diference about fastq, fasta, sra and ers? Wich this is genome?

Comment

The sequence_read dir contains the raw sequence reads that have been produced for a particular individual these are in fastq format.
          The alignment dir contains alignment files in bam format which aligns the raw reads to a reference genome (in this case GRCh37).

There is more information about this data

1000genomes.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 1000genomes.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

thanks
          Last edited by laura; 01-13-2011, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dilly.desilva View Post
            Thank you Laura,

Where would I get the AC and AN for the separate subpopulations of the 628 individuals from? Its not on the merged SNP set is it?

I am afraid you will have to calculate that yourself. The population for each sample is described in ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...0804.ALL.panel

thanks

Comment

Hi Laura!

Thank you very much with your attention! I need:

1) Download one genome from 1000 genomes project
              2) I need use BRCA-DIAGNOSTIC or/and BOWTIE (i know how i use them, i follow the tutorial). I need to download other files to use BOWTIE?

Obs: I have linux, perl and other, the BOWTIE and BRCA-DIAGNOSTIC is run and ok in my computer.

Thank and sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by laura View Post
                The sequence_read dir contains the raw sequence reads that have been produced for a particular individual these are in fastq format.
                The alignment dir contains alignment files in bam format which aligns the raw reads to a reference genome (in this case GRCh37).

There is more information about this data

1000genomes.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 1000genomes.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

thanks
                How can i use this data with BOWTIE and BRCA-DIAGNOSTIC? What they will produce?

Comment

If you want to run alignments you need to download the data from the sequence read directory and align it to the genome.

I don't know how the program BRCA-Diagnotic works but it may be that you can just download the bam files from the alignment directory and work with those and then you don't need to run bowtie at all

I suspect you are likely to be more interested in the already discovered variants we released in November

ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...lease/2010_11/

Comment

Originally posted by laura View Post
                    If you want to run alignments you need to download the data from the sequence read directory and align it to the genome.

I don't know how the program BRCA-Diagnotic works but it may be that you can just download the bam files from the alignment directory and work with those and then you don't need to run bowtie at all

I suspect you are likely to be more interested in the already discovered variants we released in November

ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...lease/2010_11/
                    OK, now i used SAMTOOLS to sort snp in HG00096.BAM and it's generated HG00096_snp.sorted.BAM. I need the HG000096.fna, e.g:

samtools pileup -cv -f genomes/NC_008253.fna ec_snp.sorted.bam

Comment

Okay I think this is the point it might be a good idea for you to explain what your ultimate aim as I imagine we will be able to give you more help that way

In answer to your particular question. These genomes are aligned to the reference genome GRCh37 and you can find the copy we used here ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...cal/reference/

Comment

I'm having trouble finding information on how the high coverage exome data was generated for the 1K Genome main project. Not the targeted exon data that was part of the pilot phase, but the the full exome data that is partially available now. I want to be able to assess how good my alignments are, but need to know the exon capture method to find the intended target regions to do this. I could just use all RefSeq exons, or pick a specific exon capture kit's target list (like Nimblegen 2.1M), but it would be much better to have the real targets.

Comment

The current target set for the 1000genomes exome sequencing can be found ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...sus_exome_bed/

Comment

Thanks! This is just what i needed.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                            • seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                            0 responses