No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA contamination in mRNA seq prepare

Dear all,

I am frustrated with the contamination of DNA in my RNA sample,while treated with DNAse I(takara.) and extracted with phenol again,it seams all RNA were lost.

Any reconmondations for inactivation the DNAse1 instead?
    thans for all and best wishes.

chenchen

Originally posted by ccqqsunshine View Post
    Dear all,

I am frustrated with the contamination of DNA in my RNA sample,while treated with DNAse I(takara.) and extracted with phenol again,it seams all RNA were lost.

Any reconmondations for inactivation the DNAse1 instead?
    thans for all and best wishes.

chenchen
    I use the Qiagen RNase-Free DNase kit with the RNAeasy Mini columns and they work just fine for me. No inactivation needed, the DNase I is just washed out on the column.

Comment

We use Ambion's Turbo DNA-free and it works great. Using standard DNAse protocols resulted in significant fragmentation of our RNA, which maybe is what happened to the OP.

Comment

Could you elaborate a bit on the experience with Turbo? It worked great for you in terms of very low gDNA reads in the data? good yield of RNA? Have you compared the data between treatment and non-treatment? Thanks!

CC

Originally posted by greigite View Post
        We use Ambion's Turbo DNA-free and it works great. Using standard DNAse protocols resulted in significant fragmentation of our RNA, which maybe is what happened to the OP.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses