Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annovar output - the meaning of REJECT?

Hi,

I want to know the meaning of 'REJECT' of output file of ANNOVAR like follow:

line2 nonsynonymous SNV MLH1:NM_001167619:exon11:c.T428A.V143D,MLH1:NM_001167618:exon12:c.T428A.V143D,MLH1:NM_000249:exon12:c.T1151A.V384D,MLH1:NM_001167617:exon12:c.T857A.V286D, 3 37067240 37067240 T A tissue blood 0 DBSNP UNCOVERED 0 0.120436 0 0 0 0 9.276976 0.363636 0.02 -0.096427 7 4 181 105 0 0 AT -20.427446 3 7 84 201 REJECT

Thank you!

ANNOVAR keeps all of the input columns and puts them at the end of the annotation columns. "REJECT' was in the input file.

Comment

It appears you have used MuTect to call your SNVs. The current beta version of MuTect is very verbose and the initial output is more than a hundred fold bigger than it should be.

use "grep -v REJECT variant_file > variant_file_KEEP" to get the real variants and then annotate.
      You may also want to remove "UNCOVERED" variants and "DBSNP" variants.. The example variant you have given is a total failure..

Comment

thank you

Thank you!!!!

I see it now because the alarm mail was in spam box...

another question!

is there any option of MuTect to get output with VCF format???

Comment

No, not currently, as far as I know.. May I ask why you specifically want it in vcf format?

Comment

because in my pipeline, i use ANNOVAR tool for annotation step and ANNOVAR gets input file with VCF format

I know I can change some column to make input file(vcf4.0 format) for ANNOVAR,

but I also want to bring other info as i wrote above.

however, after changing the form of MuTect result file to vcf4.0 file, the ANNOVAR result file is not uniform according to each line of MuTect result file, so it's hard to see it.

it's the reason

Comment

The annovar input file only needs 5 columns; you can check the website to see the proper format (it's chr/base/base/ref/var for SNPs, check for indels and make sure it makes sense to you). Once you figure that out it should be easy to take your variant files and add 5 initial columns with the correct information; the rest will carry through so you won't lose anything.

Comment

I tried using MuTect output .bam.out to convert into avinput, however, the format was not proper and I got no annotations after annovar. Moreover, when I used sed '/REJCT/d' input.bam.out > output_file ; it worked and there was no problem. But I want to include 'REJCT' also and filter it out later after annovar is done. Is there something wrong with my commands. The same commands worked after removing 'REJCT' but not working with 'REJECT'.
                My commands are:
                $ perl ./annovar/convert2annovar.pl -format vcf4 call_status.bam.out > call_status.bam.avinput

$ perl ./annovar/annotate_variation.pl --geneanno call_status.bam.avinput ./annovar/humandb --buildver hg19

$ perl ./annovar/summarize_annovar.pl call_status.bam.avinput ./annovar/humandb/ --buildver hg19 --verdbsnp 137 --ver1000g 1000g2012apr --veresp 6500 --genetype refgene --outfile annovar_snp_annotated.txt --remove
                Can somebody tell something ?
                thank you in advance.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses