No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MinKNOW Version for late-2017 flow cells

Hello people!

My institute bought a MinION starter set with two flow cells in late 2017 and never got around trying it.
    Now we have some samples for which we could need the long reads and I'm trying to get the device to run, which proves challenging.

After we fixed some proxy problems, I could check the flow cells on a Mac; about 2/3 of the pores still active (even though the flow cells are waaay over expiration date) but we got a undefined error. Trying this on our linux server, which would be the device on which we sequence anyway, we get the undefined error even before flow cell check.
    ONT now said that the current version of MinKNOW doesn't support the flow cells from late 2017 and that they don't have the software anymore. Can anybody provide me with an installer for whatever platform for older MinKNOW versions?
    It seems that we might just need to buy new flowcells, but I'm still not willing to give up the ones we have just yet.

Just buy new flow cells. Anything from 2017 is likely to be dead, and you'll get more sequence in your first hour with new flow cells than you would have got in 48 hours from working flow cells in 2017 - yield has improved about a hundred fold since then.

Comment

hello people

I've been trying to install the minknow software on my Ubuntu 20.04 using the installation guide from Nanopore Community, for some reason I can't complete the proces. After writing the sudo apt-get install minion-nc comands shows the next message:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      minknow-nc: Depends: minion-nc (= 20.06.4-1 ~ xenial) but it won't install
      N: Omitting file «nano» in the directory «/etc/apt/sources.list.d/», since it does not have a file name extension
      E: Could not correct problems, you have retained broken packages.

then I tried to solve the broken packages by running the commands :
      sudo apt update --fix-missing
      sudo apt install -f
      sudo dpkg --configure -a
      and some others

with this results
      N: Omitting file «nano» in the directory «/etc/apt/sources.list.d/», since it does not have a file name extension

A few days ago I did install the Minknow software in to another ubbuntu terminal with out any problem just following the minknow installation guide of Nanopore, but now seems to be impossible.

Can someone give me some information to fix this up?

Best
      Cristhiam

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses