Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutralize Tagment Buffer (NT)

Hi Everyone, Does anyone have a recipe for the Neutralize Tagment Buffer (NT) that comes with Nextera XT DNA Sample Preparation Kit? Thanks heaps!
    Last edited by michael_liu; 02-17-2015, 09:40 PM.

I wonder what evidence you have for your conclusion. It is an unlikely event.

Comment

Originally posted by michael_liu View Post
      Hi Everyone, Does anyone have a recipe for the Neutralize Tagment Buffer (NT) that comes with Nextera XT DNA Sample Preparation Kit? Thanks heaps!
      The NT buffer (MOST LIKELY) is 0.2% SDS, as we also described in our recent paper for home-made Tn5 (Picelli et al., Genome Res 2014).
      In principle, 0.1%-0.2% SDS will work. Increasing the conc to 0.3% SDS led to a failure of the follwoing PCR reaction (for us, at least).

We add 5 ul of 0.2% SDS to the 20 ul Tn5 reaction, incubate 5 min at RT (probably not necessary) and then do the PCR in 50 ul (same as the Nextera XT kit), which means you have 0.02% SDS in the final PCR reaction. The rationale behind that is to have a detergent that strips the Tn5 off the the DNA but gets then diluted and doesn´t kill the Polymerase.
      I guess that "extensive" heating at 72 degrees (10 min? 15? longer?) could also work. But SDS is the quick and safe alternative.

/Simone

Comment

Originally posted by Simone78 View Post
        The NT buffer (MOST LIKELY) is 0.2% SDS, as we also described in our recent paper for home-made Tn5 (Picelli et al., Genome Res 2014).
        In principle, 0.1%-0.2% SDS will work. Increasing the conc to 0.3% SDS led to a failure of the follwoing PCR reaction (for us, at least).

We add 5 ul of 0.2% SDS to the 20 ul Tn5 reaction, incubate 5 min at RT (probably not necessary) and then do the PCR in 50 ul (same as the Nextera XT kit), which means you have 0.02% SDS in the final PCR reaction. The rationale behind that is to have a detergent that strips the Tn5 off the the DNA but gets then diluted and doesn´t kill the Polymerase.
        I guess that "extensive" heating at 72 degrees (10 min? 15? longer?) could also work. But SDS is the quick and safe alternative.

/Simone
        Has anyone tested this with the official Nextera XT kit? The RT storage components of my Nextera kit wandered off while I was away from the bench for a while... I'm going to dig around the lab some more, and try out 0.2% SDS if I'm unsuccessful. I've got enough kit and sample to risk it.

Comment

Nevermind. Found the official stuff.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by cmbetts View Post
            Has anyone tested this with the official Nextera XT kit? The RT storage components of my Nextera kit wandered off while I was away from the bench for a while... I'm going to dig around the lab some more, and try out 0.2% SDS if I'm unsuccessful. I've got enough kit and sample to risk it.
            I've tried and it works perfectly.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses