No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wig File Formats

Hello,
    I am having problems regarding wig files. I wanted to know the names/accession numbers of genes having certain histone modifications. Most papers are genome wide having chip-on-chip information and they give the supplementary information in wig files. I am unable to interpret the files. Need help regarding this issue .....

please see UCSC website: http://www.genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/wiggle.html

Comment

Thanks for the link. I have pasted the first few entries in the wig file and this is how it looks. I viewed it in the UCSC genome browser. I am confused regarding the cut off I should be taking...do I have to consider the regions having 1 or 2 as entries...
      Kindly reply...

track type=wiggle_0 name="GMAT_H3K9K14ac2" description="GMAT_H3K9K14ac2_hg18" visibility=full autoScale=off viewLimits=0.0:15.0 color=0,0,0

variableStep chrom=chr1 span=21

554973 1

554990 3

556480 1

559247 2

559431 2
      .........etc
      Last edited by Sanchari; 05-10-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

What do you see in UCSC browser that you are not expecting?
        SpliceMap: De novo detection of splice junctions from RNA-seq
        Download SpliceMap Comment here

Comment

UCSC will show the peaks for histone modifications for sure....but I wanted to know the specific list of genes whose promoters are having those modifications.....my wig file contains a huge number of chromosomal locations and I wanted to know which of these are coinciding with gene promoters....

Comment

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the display of histone modifications, so I can't help you there.

But, I'm guessing you are looking for a way to find gene annotations which are close to significant peaks automatically?

Comment

Yea...ur right..I need the gene names having significant peaks...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchari View Post
                Yea...ur right..I need the gene names having significant peaks...

hmm... I'm not aware of an automatic way of doing that. However, it is possible to download the annotations as a text file. Maybe you can write a short script to search through them based on the location of the peaks in the wig file.

Comment

yea...ok....I'll have to write some scripts to map the annotation data to the wig file..

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses