No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customprimers-SampleSheet error during secondary analysis

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i did a 16s MiSeq run using custom primers, when i tried to demultiplex using samplesheet generated through IEM, i found error during secondary analysis to generate Fastq files. I replaced the illumina index sequences with custom index sequences during samplesheet generation. But still I could not overcome the issue. It would be great help, if any one can help to sort this issue. Many thanks in advance.

What was the error?

--
    Phillip

Comment

Dear Phillip, Sorry I was not clear in my message. The error was during the demultiplex execution according to the analysis error log. When MSR executes the secondary analysis, the error message was "aborting analysis. Please check error log and sample sheet issues". For your information please find the below link for sample sheet. Thank you.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z28l7bx1n...Sheet.csv?dl=0

Comment

Nothing leaps out at me as being wrong with that sample sheet. You will probably need to take this up with Illumina.

--
        Phillip

Comment

Well, one thing. You mentioned you changed the sample sheet after the run. What sample sheet was used by the MiSeq during the run?

The length of the i7 index read is determined by the length of the sequences in the sample sheet. So if you did not have 12 base indexes in the run sample sheet, then that index read would be whatever length the indexes you did use were. And, if you didn't provide any indexes, then no index read would have been done and it would likely be impossible to demultiplex you run.

--
          Phillip

Comment

Following up @Phillip's suggestion, post this part from your ReadInfo.xml file for this run. It should look something like this
            Code:
            <Read Number="1" NumCycles="151" IsIndexedRead="N"/>
            <Read Number="2" NumCycles="8" IsIndexedRead="Y"/>
            <Read Number="3" NumCycles="152" IsIndexedRead="N"/>

Comment

Look for WorkflowLog.txt (I demultiplex in basespace where it's in fastqc/files), scroll to the bottom and it will tell you exactly what has caused the sample sheet failure.
              Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Was this resolved?

I ran a MiSeq run with 16s custom libraries/primers and got the same error "abort analysis. Please check error log and sample sheet." No fastq files were produced for my run, but the overall quality of the run was good. I also noticed the base call intensity for the i7 read was pretty low. Could this be a software issue or maybe a primer issue? PhiX was also spiked in at 15%.
                Last edited by athuyvo; 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM. Reason: added more details

Comment

Here's how my header looks for custom amplicon sequencing.

Code:
                  Workflow	GenerateFASTQ
                  Application	FASTQ Only
                  Assay	Nextera
                  Description	
                  Chemistry	Amplicon
                  Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Thanks @thermophile. I have same exact format for my sample sheet. I was able to requeue the analysis by essentially ignoring the i7 reads and demultiplex using only i5 barcodes. We think the problem was suboptimal custom i7 primers so the MiSeq couldn't demultiplex using i7 reads.

Comment

you reverse complimented your i7 barcodes right?

Comment

i7 barcodes were reverse complimented. We were able to salvage our data by mining the adapter reads and found the i7 barcodes.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses