Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGI EasyGenomics cloud computing

Seems like BGI have set up a cloud based NGS analysis website (www.easygenomics.com) somewhat resembling how Galaxy works. For the moment it appears to be free, but I can't find much information on what you can actually do with it or how user friendly it is.

Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think of it?

Broad has a cool cloud solution: www.genomespace.com

Comment

I gave BGI a try, I guess it is still very early in beta because there wasn't any instructions, although it was pretty intuitive. I ran into a pretty big problem though, I tried a small de novo assembly and about a few hours into running it reported that there was an error, but doesn't give any error report or any information about it. In addition the site doesn't say what program they are using. I wouldn't write them off yet, since it a pretty new site.

I do think it is really good that large cloud computing pipelines like this are getting set up though.

Comment

Originally posted by adaptivegenome View Post
        Broad has a cool cloud solution: www.genomespace.com
        That's an odd site, the email address didn't work for me either.

Comment

Try this:

Comment

Seems like BGI have set up a cloud based NGS analysis website (aws vs azure) somewhat resembling how Galaxy works. For the moment it appears to be free, but I can't find much information on what you can actually do with it or how user friendly it is.

Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think of it?

I have also facing problems with my email.
            No ideas yet but I'll let you know if I found anything about it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses