Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picard error

I am using HSmetrics and getting the below error. I downloaded picard tools from apt-get and installed it in /usr/bin/picard-tools. The hg19.fa was made by using

Code:
    wget http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/bigZips/chromFa.tar.gz -O - | tar -zxf - and then using cat chr*.fa > hg19.fa to concatenate them into one file
    I am not sure what is wrong. Thank you .

Code:
    dnascopev@ubuntu:~$ cd "/media/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9"
    dnascopev@ubuntu:/media/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9$ picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=target_regions.bed TI=xgen_targets_sort.bed I=IonXpress_009_150603.bam O=IonXpress_009_150603_epilepsy70.CalculateHSmetrics R=/home/dnascopev/Desktop/hg19_fasta/hg19.fa
    ERROR: Unrecognized option: R
    Last edited by cmccabe; 06-27-2015, 04:52 AM.

To me it looks like that hg19.fa you made was not the file that was used for the original alignments. Can you grab the actual file from your Ion software install (which is where that BAM came from?). Otherwise look in the headers of your BAM to see if the chromosome names etc match the file you made.

Comment

I will transfer that fasta and try again. Thank you .

Comment

I transfered the Ion hg19.fasta and tried using it, but got the same error.

Code:
        dnascopev@ubuntu:/media/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9$ picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=target_regions.bed TI=xgen_targets_sort.bed I=IonXpress_009_150603.bam O=IonXpress_009_150603_epilepsy70.CalculateHSmetrics R=/home/dnascopev/Desktop/hg19_fasta/hg19.fasta
        ERROR: Unrecognized option: R
        Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by
          [CODE
          R=/home/dnascopev/Desktop/hg19_fasta/hg19.fasta
          ERROR: Unrecognized option: R [/CODE]
          according to the help file there is no option R with this function. I'm pretty new to picard tools so I'm not 100% sure, but maybe put the reference file location before the CalculateHsMetrics function.

Comment

or maybe it doesn't need the reference file since it's already mapped to begin with?

Comment

That option is/was there with picard-tools Version: 1.88(1394).

Now the latest on github appears to say Release 1.134 (did Broad change the version numbers)?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                That option is/was there with picard-tools Version: 1.88(1394).

Now the latest on github appears to say Release 1.134 (did Broad change the version numbers)?
                I do not think they changed their numbers. It looks like after 1.88 they started updating 2-3 times per month for the last 2 years.

Comment

I tried without the reference file and got Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException and am not sure where or how to include the Reference. Thank you .

Comment

@cmccabe: Are you using latest download off github? Latest does not seem to have the "R" option even though the tool description still refers to a "reference": http://broadinstitute.github.io/pica...ulateHsMetrics

Comment

Okay, so I was wrong. To get the help file for the command you want it is -H, which does indeed have the R option.

sean@LEN320:~$ java -jar picard-tools-1.134/picard.jar CalculateHsMetrics -H
                      USAGE: CalculateHsMetrics [options]

Documentation: http://broadinstitute.github.io/pica...ulateHsMetrics

Calculates a set of Hybrid Selection specific metrics from an aligned SAMor BAM file. If a reference sequence is provided, AT/GC dropout metrics will be calculated, and the PER_TARGET_COVERAGE option can be used to output GC and mean coverage information for every target.
                      Version: 1.134(a7a08c474e4d99346eec7a9956a8fe71943b5d80_1434033355)

Options:

--help
                      -h Displays options specific to this tool.

--stdhelp
                      -H Displays options specific to this tool AND options common to all Picard command line
                      tools.

--version Displays program version.

BAIT_INTERVALS=File
                      BI=File An interval list file that contains the locations of the baits used. Default value:
                      null. This option must be specified at least 1 times.

BAIT_SET_NAME=String
                      N=String Bait set name. If not provided it is inferred from the filename of the bait intervals.
                      Default value: null.

TARGET_INTERVALS=File
                      TI=File An interval list file that contains the locations of the targets. Default value: null.
                      This option must be specified at least 1 times.

INPUT=File
                      I=File An aligned SAM or BAM file. Required.

OUTPUT=File
                      O=File The output file to write the metrics to. Required.

METRIC_ACCUMULATION_LEVEL=MetricAccumulationLevel
                      LEVEL=MetricAccumulationLevel The level(s) at which to accumulate metrics. Default value: [ALL_READS]. This option can
                      be set to 'null' to clear the default value. Possible values: {ALL_READS, SAMPLE,
                      LIBRARY, READ_GROUP} This option may be specified 0 or more times. This option can be set
                      to 'null' to clear the default list.

PER_TARGET_COVERAGE=File An optional file to output per target coverage information to. Default value: null.

TMP_DIR=File Default value: null. This option may be specified 0 or more times.

VERBOSITY=LogLevel Control verbosity of logging. Default value: INFO. This option can be set to 'null' to
                      clear the default value. Possible values: {ERROR, WARNING, INFO, DEBUG}

QUIET=Boolean Whether to suppress job-summary info on System.err. Default value: false. This option
                      can be set to 'null' to clear the default value. Possible values: {true, false}

VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=ValidationStringency
                      Validation stringency for all SAM files read by this program. Setting stringency to
                      SILENT can improve performance when processing a BAM file in which variable-length data
                      (read, qualities, tags) do not otherwise need to be decoded. Default value: STRICT. This
                      option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value. Possible values: {STRICT,
                      LENIENT, SILENT}

COMPRESSION_LEVEL=Integer Compression level for all compressed files created (e.g. BAM and GELI). Default value:
                      5. This option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value.

MAX_RECORDS_IN_RAM=Integer When writing SAM files that need to be sorted, this will specify the number of records
                      stored in RAM before spilling to disk. Increasing this number reduces the number of file
                      handles needed to sort a SAM file, and increases the amount of RAM needed. Default
                      value: 500000. This option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value.

CREATE_INDEX=Boolean Whether to create a BAM index when writing a coordinate-sorted BAM file. Default value:
                      false. This option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value. Possible values:
                      {true, false}

CREATE_MD5_FILE=Boolean Whether to create an MD5 digest for any BAM or FASTQ files created. Default value:
                      false. This option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value. Possible values:
                      {true, false}

REFERENCE_SEQUENCE=File
                      R=File Reference sequence file. Default value: null.

GA4GH_CLIENT_SECRETS=String Google Genomics API client_secrets.json file path. Default value: client_secrets.json.
                      This option can be set to 'null' to clear the default value.

OPTIONS_FILE=File File of OPTION_NAME=value pairs. No positional parameters allowed. Unlike command-line
                      options, unrecognized options are ignored. A single-valued option set in an options file
                      may be overridden by a subsequent command-line option. A line starting with '#' is
                      considered a comment. Required.
                      Last edited by skbrimer; 06-22-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

In ubuntu I used:
                        Code:
                         sudo apt-get install picard-tools
                        Thanks .

Comment

what happens if you just use REFERENCE_SEQUENCE instead of R?

Comment

I get the same error. Thank you .

I also installed
                            Code:
                             sudo apt-get install r-base
                            Code:
                            dnascopev@ubuntu:/media/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9$  picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=xgen_probes_sort.bed TI=xgen_targets_sort.bed I=IonXpress_009_150603.bam O=IonXpress_009_150603_epilepsy70.CalculateHSmetrics REFERENCE_SEQUENCE=/home/dnascopev/Desktop/hg19_fasta/hg19.fasta
                            ERROR: Unrecognized option: REFERENCE_SEQUENCE

Comment

This is probably me being new to linux and I'm terrible with adding things to my path, but when I call picard tools I have to use java -jar before all of the command line stuff. Do you have to do that was well?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses